Foreign English teacher kicks elderly woman's suitcase, curses Taiwanese on Taipei MRT

In criminal and civil law, assault is a threat of imminent harmful or offensive contact with a person. It is distinct from battery, which refers to the actual achievement of such contact.

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm.

Yes, it was assault. He assaulted her by kicking her suitcase.

Will she ever recover? Inquiring minds want to know.

2 Likes

Assault does not mean battery. Battery is when you actually make contact and hurt the person. Assault is intent by threat. Kicking her suitcase could be seen as a threat.

I doubt most Taiwan amahs would see that as much of a threat…if they even noticed it. They’re made of much tougher stuff, honed by years of going into battle at the morning wet market.

6 Likes

He was a jerk and got confronted by a local. From the photos, he looks like a big guy and his posture suggests that he was using his size to appear aggressive/intimidating. What you shout at people, you risk being shouted back at. If he plays his cards write, he’ll be an old man one day and wish that people were nicer to him. It would have been cool if he had helped her move the case.

6 Likes

It’s going international . . .

Why is this getting so much more attention than the guy with stretchy arms who took a day off to harass random women on the streets ?_?

1 Like

Maybe this guy has stretchy arm syndrome and finger lock syndrome.

I find that odd, as well. Obviously in most countries neither event would be newsworthy - perhaps the local press at a push.

I guess it’s the insult about Chinese people that is deemed worse than sexual assault.

1 Like

And the sexy photo of him giving the guy the finger.

1 Like

Just adds to their butt-hurtness.

Because this incident was (partially) caught on camera. :2cents:

1 Like

I had the same thought. I mean, this is the kind of stuff that usually gets reported and that’s it, no drama.

But if the media really wants to talk about something, here we have:

a) A guy who kicked/pushed a trolley and cursed at an old lady, possibly because he thought that she was one of the 33539th messy chinese tourists who don’t know how to behave in public

b) A guy who sexually harassed two women (one of them a young girl) and then made up the most bullshit excuse in the history of mankind for his behaviour

I think the latter is more butthurt-worthy than the first one.

Exactly.
It is called being a mature adult.

nothing wrong with adapting to your environment. i think i need to be a bit pushy here or i just end up feeling violated. is that right to counter rudeness with rudeness? yea i think it is. if someone is polite i will let them pass. if they are being rude, no, not happening. does it teach them a lesson? probably not but at the end of the day i want to keep my sanity.

Is there any reliable source or proof that confirms that he kicked it intentionally? because one can kick something unintentionally, and even in that case certain “newspapers” could or would publish that a person kicked someone else’s case.

3 Likes

Also that other guy is a superhero

1 Like

But you have to do it the Taiwanese way and say buhaoyisi with a fake smile. and push through.

2 Likes

If everyone did this, wow, what an ugly world to live in.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is just a simple statement of fact in Taiwan (and many other places).