Foreign entertainers on TV, today pictured in Taiwan News

Foreign entertainers on TV, today pictured in Taiwan News…business page, color photo by Peter Mah.

Does anyone know who these people are? I have heard of Chocolate before, and seen him on TV, real name is Charles Mack or something, from Chicago, been here 10 years plus, speaks fluently, and quite well known.

but the other two people mentioned, who are they?

One man is named Uchida Tadakastu, obviously a Japanese man. Does he appear on a TV show too? Which one?

And the 3rd man pictured is a man named “Timmy.” Blond hair, yellow glasses. What show does he appear on?

They were all three giving a cooking lesson for a Kimberly-Clark promotion in Taipei yesterday. Photo on Page 9.

Do they get paid for this kind of product promo?

Who are they?

I met Chocolate a while back. He is a very intelligent and talented guy. We found we had a great deal in common - including intelligence and talent, of course. If that is Timmy the puppeteer under that costume, then the same comments apply to him.

Well, what do you think, Formosa?

Click here to see the article.

…so goes the caption online…Jez, you just can’t escape this crap.

Juba: thanks for posting link.

What do you think is a ballpark figure for a one hour public relations press conference personal apperance fee like they did? I have no idea.

Like maybe NT$10,000 for the afternoon, per person? US$300?

Or more like NT$5,000? US$150?

Or just a quick NT$3,000? US$100?

Just curious.

Well, he sure managed to hide those attributes very well indeed when he worked as an ICRT ahem “DJ.”

Flicka Presents:
“Taiwan Foreign Celebrity Guess Who, Don’t Sue”

Which foreign celebrity was kicked out of Taiwan for not filing his taxes, and also took the cash – but never showed up – for a fashion show he was to appear in?

Which foreign celebrity’s mom was once a centerfold?

Which foreign celebrity says he loves women in interviews, but it ain’t so in real life?

Which foreign celebrity likes to videotape he and his girlfriend having sex?

Which foreign writer’s ex-boyfriend set more than his heart on fire?

Which foreign TV commercial star loves a good night of dancing, hard substances, and sodomy, a far cry from the squeaky clean ad?

Keep your answers to yourselves please – these are strictly blind items.

I always wondered when I saw foreigners on Japanese TV participating in discussions on Japanese domestic affairs how long it would take for the same thing to happen in Taiwan. Guess it’s happening. Can I be on TV too ?

Hexuan asks: “Can I be on Taiwan TV too?”

You can …if you speak Chinese fluently. And you’re willing to play the part of a monkey or just be a foil for local anti-foreigner jokes… still interested?

[quote=“Flicka”]Flicka Presents:
“Taiwan Foreign Celebrity Guess Who, Don’t Sue”

Which foreign celebrity was kicked out of Taiwan for not filing his taxes, and also took the cash – but never showed up – for a fashion show he was to appear in?

Which foreign celebrity’s mom was once a centerfold?

Which foreign celebrity says he loves women in interviews, but it ain’t so in real life?

Which foreign celebrity likes to videotape he and his girlfriend having sex?

Which foreign writer’s ex-boyfriend set more than his heart on fire?

Which foreign TV commercial star loves a good night of dancing, hard substances, and sodomy, a far cry from the squeaky clean ad?

Keep your answers to yourselves please – these are strictly blind items.[/quote]

Which foreign non-celebrity cares?

[quote=“formosa”]What do you think is a ballpark figure for a one hour public relations press conference personal apperance fee like they did? I have no idea.

Like maybe NT$10,000 for the afternoon, per person…?[/quote]
Something like that.

You got 6 questions here. I didn’t know there were 6 foreign celebrities in Taiwan. I only know of Jeff. I guess they could all be him.

Brian

All I can think of off the top of my head are:
Samantha K (no longer, thank god. The less said, the better)
Courtney (bungee guy, on many shows including baizhanbaisheng, also gone)
Jeff Locker
Chocolate
The Japanese and black dude on “Shijie Dabutong”
Pete from the Amei ads (I would consider him a foreign model)
All those freaky people on the English teaching shows, particularly the old dude with glasses for Giraffe(or some place like that)
Wubai’s drummer
The pigeon guy
Wade and Jimmi (doesn’t really count)
Hsimenting busker guy
Geo (dead old guy in double vision)
Richie Walker (promotes member’s only jackets or something)

Any more?

Who is the redhead in that ESL TV with the mafia guy?

[quote=“formosa”]Hexuan asks: “Can I be on Taiwan TV too?”

You can …if you speak Chinese fluently. And you’re willing to play the part of a monkey or just be a foil for local anti-foreigner jokes… still interested?[/quote]

Hmmm, perhaps not.

Me too, but I’m also not sure if my Chinese is up to it.

Jeff’s books drive me crazy, but I liked his responses on one episode of ShiJieDaButung when a few dickless male panel members were lambasting all foreign males for being in Taiwan for money and sex alone. Jeff and the female panelists did a decent job of pointing out how ludicrious the generalizations being made were.

Chocolate (Charles, if I remember correctly) works at my gym in some capacity. He seemed like a nice enough fellow when I met him.

Wow, chainsmoker, you’re pretty good at this. Here’s some new ones, just for Juba:

Which foreign celebrity was once in a sex cult?

Which ABC star used to complain about Taiwan until she hit the big time?

Which foreign celebrity has cultivated an image of a longstanding friend, teacher and loving do-gooder for Taiwan and its people, but in reality is a very savvy, calculating Taipan.

Which big executive used to invite tons of 20-somethings for naked pool parties at his house on the hill–when his wife was gone for the summer?

Which Taiwanese celebrity was caught making out in the beat-up old car of an incredibly icky waiguoren?

Which foreign journalist was caught masterbating by his roommates’ mom (whose own sons are local stars)?

You’d think I was a lot better if I answered your questions and corrected the couple that are just rumors.

Taiwan News International Community page had more news today about Chocolate and Timmy, with some interesting background info on Timmy. Can’t find link on the Net, but it’s in the paper today. Sunday.

Question: why do these blokes take just single names like CHOCOLATE and TIMMY. I mean, one CHER is enough, and of course one MADONNA is too much. I mean, why don’t they ask the local media to call them by their real names, in a more dignified fashion, ie, …“Charles Mack, whose stage name is Chocolate” and Timothy LeBrun, whose stage name is Timmy…"

Or is this the TV fashion here for foreigners, just give em one name and let them be monkeys. Chocolate, Timmy, Jeff … weird!

The guy looks himself Chocolate…enough said