Foreign films about Taiwan?

Yes i was there and it was great. I probably wouldnt have gotten in as i showed up at six pm (for the 7pm showing) and there was a huge line. I was basically almost last in line. Then someone just came up to where i was and asked an usher where he could dump two tickets. I was like HEY HEY HERE, RIGHT HERE :slight_smile:

i enjoyed it . by chance I got to sit right next to a friendly hottie (she was a yakker but before i could exchange tel numbers ,her buds showed up). She came to the show on her VESPA. Which I thought was quite Taiwanese. She was merican chinese tho.

[quote=“tommy525”]Yes I was there and it was great. I probably wouldnt have gotten in as i showed up at six pm (for the 7pm showing) and there was a huge line. I was basically almost last in line. Then someone just came up to where I was and asked an usher where he could dump two tickets. I was like HEY HEY HERE, RIGHT HERE :slight_smile:

i enjoyed it . by chance I got to sit right next to a friendly hottie (she was a yakker but before i could exchange tel numbers ,her buds showed up). She came to the show on her VESPA. Which I thought was quite Taiwanese. She was merican Chinese tho.[/quote]

Haha awesome! I glad you got the chance to see it. I really enjoyed it!

Look like Au Revoir starts 2 April in Taiwan. I have to say I’m feeling a bit apprehensive with what I’ve seen so far. Eslite bookstore, MRT, going to France, Taipei101. Looks like a wuss Taipei film. Just compare the preview of Au Revoir with Tears.

Au Revoir

tw.movie.yahoo.com/videoplayer.h … type=movie

Tears

[quote=“Feiren”]Look like Au Revoir starts 2 April in Taiwan. I have to say I’m feeling a bit apprehensive with what I’ve seen so far. Eslite bookstore, MRT, going to France, Taipei101. Looks like a wuss Taipei film. Just compare the preview of Au Revoir with Tears.

Au Revoir

Tears

tw.movie.yahoo.com/videoplayer.h … type=movie[/quote]

Well know before you see it that it IS intended to be a “silly film” the director Arvin Chen admitted this himself at the screening here in San Francisco’s Japantown neighborhood. He didnt intend it to be a wonderful groundbreaking film or anything like that. It has somewhat the “silly” factor that “Kung fu Hustle” had if you have seen that one. But it was definitely a “feel good movie”

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]It seems The Sand Pebbles was filmed in Danshui and Hong Kong, substituting for the Yangzi region (where the story was set).

What about Red Corner, starring Richard Gere? Didn’t they film the rooftop-escape scenes in Taipei somewhere?[/quote]

Let’s not forget Steve McQueen’s famous line about Taiwan :laughing: :laughing:

OK. I’ll try to keep an open mind. It’s very important that Taiwanese audiences in Taiwan show an interest in Taiwanese movies so that there are commercial reasons to make more of them. I’ll be there.

[quote=“freethinker83”][quote=“Feiren”]Look like Au Revoir starts 2 April in Taiwan. I have to say I’m feeling a bit apprehensive with what I’ve seen so far. Eslite bookstore, MRT, going to France, Taipei101. Looks like a wuss Taipei film. Just compare the preview of Au Revoir with Tears.

Au Revoir

Tears

tw.movie.yahoo.com/videoplayer.h … type=movie[/quote]

Well know before you see it that it IS intended to be a “silly film” the director Arvin Chen admitted this himself at the screening here in San Francisco’s Japantown neighborhood. He didnt intend it to be a wonderful groundbreaking film or anything like that. It has somewhat the “silly” factor that “Kung fu Hustle” had if you have seen that one. But it was definitely a “feel good movie”[/quote]

Hey Feiren,

Yes I agree with you! I am glad you will go see it. I actually met some taiwanese friends online who are interested in seeing it. So I will go with them to see it in Taipei on April 3rd.

And i started a thread on this movie Au Revoir Taipei, pls leave your comments on that thread after you watch it?

id like to hear your views

I believe you’re thinking of American Gangster starring Denzel Washington and that Kiwi bloke from Gladiator.

[quote=“Goose Egg”][quote=“Goose Egg”]I’m actually producing a Tagalog movie in Taiwan called Pinoy Sunday, and filming starts this very Saturday.

While it isn’t “about” Taiwan per se, it’s about 2 guys who happen to be here :sunglasses:[/quote]
And here it is!
We’re premiering on 9 April at next Month’s Golden Horse Festival - more info on their website: ghfff.org.tw/program/content.aspx?id=101 (the trailer is embedded there as well!)[/quote]
Looks good! Will it have English subs? When will we be able to see it?

Ghosted is basically a lesbian commercial for Taiwan. I know, I was in the movie and worked with some of the actors and actresses. So much of it is just (poorly) explaining Taiwan beliefs. You might recognize parts of XinYi road and Yongkang street, as well as some other places in it.

Miss Kicki