Foreign males married to Taiwanese women


Is a foreign male, married to a Taiwanese woman, eligble to work using just the ARC provided through marriage?


No, you have to get a work permit, but it is very easy. If you need my information packet about this, please send me an email with your name and address (and some indication of how to write the Chinese characters.)

P.S. For example, in my address, I can indicate how to write the Chinese characters this way: Hsing is star and Yun is cloud.


Please see the revised and expanded commentary on Foreign Spouse Work Permits on the NNFS website at: under the
“Foreign Spouse Work Permits - Frequently Asked Questions” section.

There is also another Q&A with a foreign spouse in Chiayi, Taiwan, which primarily talks about Work Permits.