Foreigner who went to China to discover potential finds he has none

Probably a bigger chance of discovering in Taiwan.

http://chinadailyshow.com/foreigner-who-came-to-china-to-find-potential-discovers-he-has-none/

1 Like

This poor man’s The Onion seems more mean spirited than funny.

"China Daily Show is a non-profit news service reporting on the Greater China region. It is not yet affiliated with the China Daily newspaper.

Our offices are located on a disused Ukrainian warship, the BlĂ„rksvĂŁ ĂŒlov, currently drifting off the Antarctic Sea."

It made me laugh, but I’m easily pleased.

going to china as a foreigner does make you special though. all sorts of white monkey jobs and experiences you wouldn’t get here.

Well you can go on the shit talkshows here. Does China have garbage talkshows that invite foreigners to talk about how awesome they are? Like Japan style.

Its usually dating shows. Not so much chat shows.

Probably, at least there used to be:

yea i will say you can have a white monkey career in taiwan if you are good at speaking chinese and repeating stereotypes.

It’s the same in Korea and Japan. You can be a total douchebag, but as long as you can speak the native language fluently, are under 30 and not terrible looking, and can make topical references to whatever shitty pop-band or actor or trend is popular at the moment, you can get a gig as a talk-show “white monkey” (at least until the audience gets tired of you and they cycle you out for a new model of “white monkey”).

1 Like

I think Mark Roswell raised the bar on that in fairness to him.

1 Like

Ew. So worse then.

That video is multiple years old though.

One of the trash foreigner talkshows is like that, but the other one has mostly middle-aged people who aren’t necessarily puppets as many of them are quite critical to things here. I haven’t watched it for a long time though because it’s just too repetitive. Japan has a ton of those shows for humble brag, it’s cringey af.