Foreigners Behaving Badly in Taiwan

I have often juggled in class, part of my first day shtick

5 Likes

Ive been doing the taking my thumb off trick for 10 years.

4 Likes

I guess you need some kind of licence for street performance to do those kind of acts, play music etc.?

1 Like

Yeah I was talking to a guy once who had one.

Reading the full FB thread on the concert hall incident. Very confusing but the problem in the end was a Taiwanese guy who took issue with a foreigner for some reason. This was before the concert and the foreigner was trying to help a disabled friend get seated. Taiwanese guy had good Englishes and kept challenging the foreigner to a fight.

4 Likes

No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

2 Likes

That guy was in Ximending for a while. Looks like he sleeps rough.

At least bowling balls juggling is new compared to what taiwanese do which is juggling yo yo in air like all the time.

Diabolo, not yo-yo.

I think dodging K-Town traffic is enough!

Guy

2 Likes

I should probably calm down before posting this…
but are dogs now allowed in convenience stores?
I see them more and more often even though ( no dog) signs are/were posted on the entrance windows.
I see dogs more and more now…even homeless dogs that rest inside and staff and customers give food and pet them.
I’ve even seen them piss on the lower shelf items… like mentos and the cheaper teas.
Tonight I asked a group of what sounded probably like Americans with one blocking the exit with what was something between a bulldog and a pitbull on a leash and seemed outraged I asked if the dog could be moved so I could get out.
One asked where the sign was saying “No Dogs” and afterwards, to my shame, I found there no longer was one.
They walked off laughing;…apparently feeling justified they had blocked the doorway in such a way because there was no such sign.
I don’t mind the doggie baby stroller visits but this other stuff is getting out of control.
Would it be useful to complain and send videos and photos I have of such occurrences to the store headquarters or is this just the new and modern way to be accepted?
In that case maybe I could bring my pet parrots to fly around and talk to people!

1 Like

Grim! :grimacing:

I think it was a good decision to post before calming down. It’s a pretty funny post!

1 Like

Well part of relieving the stress guess…but I have actually seen that .
I don’t mind some rule breaking but a little more respect for others would be nice.
Glad you apparently got a laugh anyway.

We should retire pit bulls. As in the breed.

You could always just complain to 711 about that particular store. I feel pretty confident that they won’t tolerate dog piss on mentos.

Smarties, sure, but they’re trash anyhow.

3 Likes

I love smarties

4 Likes

To be clear, I agree and am definitely not in favor of dogs peeing on stuff in convenience stores or aggressive-looking dogs blocking my way. If I found it funny, it was in the same way as I’ve found my own frustrating Asia situations/rants funny in retrospect, when they make for a good story and aren’t acutely annoying anymore. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Lays…betcha can’t eat just one

2 Likes

Yuck… Not this again…

4 Likes

This one is even rubbing his balls on the floor

2 Likes

The horror!

1 Like