Foreigners in Taiwan only - Which party does your Taiwanese spouse, girl/boyfriend support?

My inlaws are:

mil = DPP (Chen&Lu)
fil = New Party (Lien&Soong)
sil1 = will deliver blank
sil2 = KMT (Lien&Soong)
bil = PFP (Lien Soong)

The discussions can be pretty heated, so we don’t have too many family gatherings these days.

Of course he’s voting Blue.
He’s not Taiwanese, he’s Chinese for godsakes!

:unamused:

If I were Taiwanese I would be a die-hard DPP/TSU supporter. However, my GF and her whole family favour the PFP and then the KMT. Lets just say the dinnertime conversation does not revolve around politics. I guess I have a lifelong pattern to quote Oswald Mosley (before he became a fascist) of voting Labour and sleeping Tory.

:lovestruck:

KMT
All the way. Mother, Father, Sister, Auntie 6, Uncles 4, Cousins at least 10. All support the KMT. I think Grampa spoke and all towed the family line.

Me, I think I’m leaning towards a vote of non confidence for both/all parties in the election. THere frankly all shit with a few nice nuts mixed in the lot.

Ski

My wife and family are all strong KMT supporters, they are actually flying in all their sons/daughters from the schools in the states to vote KMT… Have to go to the rally at CKS tonight, after that pick up a pair of relatives at the airport, and then be up at 6am to pick up additional relatives… Sounds like fun… Myself, I really dont know, being a devout republican from the states it seems I will be inline with the KMT, but who knows, havent learned enough so we will see

Ok, go ahead and call me an idiot, how the hell do I vote on this poll, cannot figure it out or see it???

You can’t use party labels vis-a-vis Taiwan. Many neocons in Washington with whom I would not agree with on domestic policy (Tom Delay for example), are steadfast in their support of Taiwan. The Taiwan caucus is made up of Democrats and Republicans. In fact, most Republicans in Taiwan support the DPP I would think. Once I was paid to read political speeches for a DPP City Hall Councilman in Taipei. He stated his strong admiration for Reagan. I tried to change his mind by informing him of Reagan’s policies and I quoted Clark Clifford’s famous line on him being an amiable dunce. Didn’t sway him…