Foreigners Nabbed For Vandalism (Public Graffiti Art)

They matched the red pretty well but it could have used a period. The real trick (or so went the dogman at one time) when “liberating” billboards was to make it look absolutley as if what you put there is what was originally intended. It’s just more convincing if you do a really good job. The one I mentioned earlier was flat black over white. Two coats (probably) and the thing was flipped right on it’s ass. Would have been hard to do the period on that one above with white over red of course, anyway we are speaking hypothetically here I suppose.

If you just scawl out the original it looks as if there is a violent, unpredictable element behind it. At one time that might have been refreshing but with all the chaos around these days it’s maybe better to be a bit more precise about it me thinks. Were one inclined that way I mean. Certainly not “suggesting” anything…

Did any of you see the TV news item last week showing two young Taiwanese women kicking down a safety barrier on a bridge? They thought it was great fun. I remember reading “The Tipping Point” where the author mentions how playing this kind of thing on the news can actually encourage it.

Last year, when I went back to Christchurch, NZ for a holday, I was shocked at the tagging going on in the city. We woke up several mornings at my sister’s house to see the fence once again defaced. It’s really a power play, and I wonder, if the media refused to give them any attention, would they eventually stop?

I dunno. Will McDonalds quit using the tools of child psychology and mass media to sell to a market of obese children? Anybody’s guess I suppose. What interests me is art.

German graffiti is best

3 Likes

This thread is alright

:+1:

Another one nailed, this time in Taichung. Whoops.

Guy

“Hsiao confessed that he works as a graffiti artist in South Africa and claimed that he is not familiar with Taiwan’s laws and painted the graffiti on a whim.”

Huh? Got on his bike at 4:50am to go paint on some glass? If anyone needed another hobby is this guy. The only “whim” I get at that hour is the need to get up to take a piss.

2 Likes

It seems he was also “not familiar” with the use of cc cameras which allowed authorities to identify him and track him down. :doh:

Guy

Some people grab subway sandwiches at three am.

A professional graffiti artist doesn’t know the laws about graffiti in another country? Not very good at his job. He is not even bright enough to look around and see the world around him. Don’t hire him as a graffiti artist.

430am Friday night/Saturday morning… :wall:

Daqing station is a bit of a bicycle ride from the more popular bars. So was he drunk or just stupid who knows.

Mod Note: Post came from a new topic

It’s one thing to be a graffiti artist. It is another thing to be terrible at it… and it’s another thing to do it in FOREIGN COUNTRY!

But as he claims…

“Hsiao confessed that he works as a graffiti artist in South Africa and claimed that he is not familiar with Taiwan’s laws and painted the graffiti on a whim.”

2 Likes

I hope they throw the book at this bonehead. The term “artist” (even in the lightest sense) is inappropriate, maybe ironic. This vandal does not paint (pun intended) expats in a good light. We all know we can’t even have a drink of water on MRTs, let alone splash around paint :triumph:

1 Like

:rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Those graffiti artist Saffies—they do the darndest things :laughing: :laughing:

Why wasn’t he watching the rugby like a normal South African.

It is a part of South African culture… Right after beating the All Blacks in Rugby
(https://www.iol.co.za/weekend-argus/news/unlawful-creative-work-continues-to-dent-citys-image-7d000ded-e920-4777-a1e4-bdec2711c811)

1 Like

Ugly graffiti. I’m not a fan of graffiti but at least I’ll say some is awesome art, now that’s just ugly.
Ah so there is a Public Order Maintanence
Act. That’s a weird one to use at 3 in the morning in Taichung. I guess as it’s Taichung they can’t use the Public Morality Act, in sin city. :rofl:
Why just not use criminal damage.
Get him to clean the window in a pink suit with a clown hat on while people throw eggs at him. Well rotten fruit would be better as the eggs would break the windows.

Reminds me of the Michael Fay incident in Singapore

He got stripped naked, whipped in the butt then deported for vandalism