Foreigners sent home in the event of a Chinese invasion?

Just watch for news reports of AIT family members departing, then book a flight out.

Every time there was any upset here, our ambassador would flee. Elections, SARS, protests, the 921 and 321 quakes… We would call the embassy for instructions in case of trouble…And the man would be gone.

We were instructed that in case of emergency head to Tianmu to the embassy complex.

So now we go to Neihu?

I guess the AIT will send you a message with the extraction point.

Wow—there are still embassies in Tianmu? I thought most of these offices had relocated to Xinyi and environs.

Guy

Let’s hope it’s not a giant cluster like Saigon. (I just finished re-watching the Ken Burns Vietnam series) :expressionless:

I recall mainland sympathizers having parades occasionally near Ximen area. All the commie music. red mainland flags everywhere and also with chairman Mao pictures.

The independence guys mostly hang out on Ximen these days. I guess the commies hangout at 101 cos more Chinese tourists go there.

This thread is funny - Chinese Invasion - Rubbish!!

Imagine this: One bright sunny Taiwan morning you wake up and discover the electricity is out…with further investigation the TV, Cable, Phone/Cell system are not working either. Along with that all traffic lights, trains and MRT systems are also down. No banking ATM. No Air traffic control systems, etc.

Welcome to the 21st Century Chinese Cyber Invasion - computer viruses are probably already in place to pull it off. China may send a few submarines to cut the major undersea communication cables - but that would be it. No electricity! No water! No communications! No command-n-control!

Forget about running home to Mommy - GAME OVER!!

4 Likes

There won’t be an invasion. China already owns Taiwan financially. A simple naval blockade, shutting down air space and turning off the power will suffice.

When it is all over, the lights will go back on and you will see a different flag over Taiwan. Then you can book your flight home.

The rest of the world won’t even care.

I really highly doubt either side will shed any blood.

I think you’re all a bunch of Chinese spies sent to sow despair.

2 Likes

More like realists facing the inevitable facts!

Nothing discussed in this thread is “inevitable.” Claiming this to be the case plays right into the hands of PRC propagandists.

If someone tells you “there is no alternative” (TINA), you can reply “There are thousands of alternatives” (TATA). : D

Guy

2 Likes

Anyone that thinks the USA won’t protect Taiwan under non-Taiwan provoked situation, is wrong.

1 Like

Thanks God! Now I feel much better. Did Trump tell you that in person? :smiley:

I hope, in the event of a Chinese invasion, all the foreigners on this site wouldn’t be able to leave and would have to die with us. :praying:

Merry Christmas to you too.

Guy

1 Like

In the event of Chinese invasion, i firmly believe that many Taiwanese will hand over foreigners to the Chinese to gain favor with the new government.

1 Like

I agree with the sentiment that China would likely not invade just to force ‘reunufication’. They already have that process started and it seems to be progressing nicely. But there are numerous other events that could cause explosive objects to fly around Taiwan, even false flags. I think someone on another thread mentioned that The Orange One might want a conflict on his resume before the next election, to show how tough he is. Something like that can get messy, and then we could all be f’ed.

I’ll just leave this here

Unfortunately Taiwan’s fate is not in its own hands. As it is, it is a chip in a high stakes game…that has already been arranged.