Foreigners that haven't left from Taiwan in 10+ years

I’ve met a few of you and know that more exist.

Explain yourself.

EDIT: Sorry, was day drinking at Carnegies. I mean haven’t left from TW in 10 years.

2 Likes

Do you mean not leaving even for vacation?

Can I ask a question? What does “left for Taiwan” mean?

Guy

4 Likes

You mean foreigners who used to live in Taiwan but who left and haven’t returned in 10+ years (but yet who remain very interested in Taiwan)? Or foreigners who live in Taiwan and who haven’t left Taiwan in 10+ years?

Yeah, @UnderArmor 's thread is, at least so far, UnderExplained. :joy:

Guy

9 Likes

Maybe it"s secretly Xi, I’m getting passive aggressive vibes…

2 Likes

What does “people who’ve never left their country” usually mean? I think that’s the question here.

Why would you go day drinking at Carnegies of all places.

Explain yourself.

4 Likes

I will let you know that this venerable establishment has been rebranded as The Adlon.

And yes it is possible to go day drinking there, too. :grin:

Guy

No, they’ve re-branded it back to The Adlon by Carnegies

1 Like

I’ve met one that hasn’t left Taipei in 12 years. Doesn’t seem interested in going anywhere else.

But people arent really sure. If it is never leaving even for a second, it is highly unlikely. If it is never moving anywhere else then most are going to interpret it that way.

The last time this person left the island was in 2010.

Are they here illegally?

they have an APRC

Then I think you will have a quiet topic

I just hit the 10 year mark not having left Taiwan. Work, kids, life…time goes fast when you are busy.

Definitely going back home to the US next Christmas to see family. It has been too long.

7 Likes

By then, hopefully you’ll still have United’s twice-daily flights from TPE to SFO along with Delta’s planned flight from TPE to SEA, along with the usual routes of the Taiwanese carriers.

Guy

2 Likes