Foremost restaurant-- try it!

The Foremost restaurant has been around for a long time. I remember eating at one in the main fashion district on Chunghsiao Road (it’s long gone).
While most good places that serve Western food come off as “nearly as good as back home,” the Foremost on Chungjen Road (near the intersection with Chungshan and beside the colossal 3C electronics store) does not rate the same. I would say it is exactly the same as home.
The hamburgers are identical to the ones that you get in a nice family sit-down restaurant (and taste like you made them yourself). The lasagna is damn fine as well. And the place has that feel of some American diner too.
OK, it isn’t like home in every respect

My wife and I used to regularly eat at the Tien-Mu/Shihlin branch beside 3C. Great food.

hey!
i remember that place from long ago before i moved to the states. when i was little, it used to be a ice cream place with all kinds of dairy products :moo: and last time i went back it changed but i’ve been away a long time. i miss taiwan.
peace out

Hey, I’ve never heard of this place!
Anyone know if it’s still there?

Don’t know if it’s still there or not (the one down by Guting is long gone) but I do remember the place as one to which we used to joke about taking guests who had overstayed their welcome. I don’t know where the OP used to eat in the States but for my money, this wasn’t anything like a good meal in the States, unless it’s changed in the recent past…

Hey, I’ve never heard of this place!
Anyone know if it’s still there?[/quote]

It’s still there. I went there with my wife about 3 weeks ago. Great burgers!

Kumbaya, ya’ll! :bow:

Cool, thanks for the info.
I’ll have to check it out. :slight_smile:

I looked for this place the other day but couldn’t for the life of me find it. I went to Zhongshan and Chungjen intersection, and was told the nearest 3c was on Nanjing E rd.
Can anyone tell me the address in chinese?

Thanks!

[quote=“momo21”]I looked for this place the other day but couldn’t for the life of me find it. I went to Zhongshan and Chungjen intersection, and was told the nearest 3c was on Nanjing E Rd.
Can anyone tell me the address in chinese?

Thanks![/quote]

Were you in Shi-Lin? Its next to the 7-11, opposite the Subway Sandwiches.

Warning to all, they stop serving the breakfast there at 10am or something.

Food is awesome.