Forking out for forks

Need new forks for an old Sym “Wild Wolf”. The old ones are pitted. I’ve heard you can get them ground and re-chromed but I assume that’d be more expensive than new replacements, which I assume are available because there are a lot of these bikes around.

Any idea of the going rate?

I’d consider doing it myself, given that its the vacation, but don’t currently have a direct source for parts, and might not save much.

[quote=“Ducked”]Need new forks for an old Sym “Wild Wolf”. The old ones are pitted. I’ve heard you can get them ground and re-chromed but I assume that’d be more expensive than new replacements, which I assume are available because there are a lot of these bikes around.

I’d consider doing it myself, given that its the vacation, but don’t currently have a direct source for parts, and might not save much.[/quote]

The going rate for new Wolf forks would be about 2k a fork or 4k total. That price would be your price if you did the work by yourself. There are distribution shops all over Taiwan. They usually look like old mom and pops mechanic shops that sell lots of parts. Usually you will see scooter punks hanging out around there. They will sell a huge variety of parts.

[quote=“rk1951”]
The going rate for new Wolf forks would be about 2k a fork or 4k total. [/quote]
Did you do that math yourself? :thumbsup:

[quote=“rk1951”][quote=“Ducked”]Need new forks for an old Sym “Wild Wolf”. The old ones are pitted. I’ve heard you can get them ground and re-chromed but I assume that’d be more expensive than new replacements, which I assume are available because there are a lot of these bikes around.

I’d consider doing it myself, given that its the vacation, but don’t currently have a direct source for parts, and might not save much.[/quote]

The going rate for new Wolf forks would be about 2k a fork or 4k total. That price would be your price if you did the work by yourself. There are distribution shops all over Taiwan. They usually look like old mom and pops mechanic shops that sell lots of parts. Usually you will see scooter punks hanging out around there. They will sell a huge variety of parts.[/quote]

Thanks for the information. Bit of a needle in a scooter shop haystack, IOW.

I’m pretty sure no one I know will be able to find the needle, though if I’d asked in term time I could probably have scared up some scooter punks. :doh:

I’ll try that Ruten e-commerce site that’s been mentioned on here. Failing that I’ll probably just have to get some prices from black hands.

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“rk1951”]
The going rate for new Wolf forks would be about 2k a fork or 4k total. [/quote]
Did you do that math yourself? :thumbsup:[/quote]

Oh no! I had help. I can’t add very well, I’m just a little English teacher.