Former KGB agent on Marxists and other useful idiots

Vay -
So…did you view and listen to the videos? I’m really not quite sure what your comment actually is. Embarrassment? Meaningless comment.

I’m surprised that none of those posting haven’t asked a single question regarding the persons comments. Well there was a small thing about his being tight-fisted with money, but thats hardly the gist of the thread.

No one has even asked what Vlad Putin was doing during this time frame. Thats one I’d like to know about.

Quite a few of the agents comments have been shown in the passage of time to be quite accurate. Remember, this interview was in the mid-80’s.
And, IMO, all this ‘Hitler/neo-Nazi’ crap is just someones way of trying to discredit the thread by brining in something entirely unrelated. Trying for the guilt by association gambit. The interviewee has no control over who might use thee vid’s many years later - nor for what reason they might try to twist them.

Hi Bob,

Lesion is spelt with one “s”.

Hi TC,

Quotation marks are primarily used to quote “words of others”. Meanwhile, italics are used to… wait for it… italicize “words” as one way of highlighting them. You employed a third method, the boldtype, in your post as well.

The postwar nazis built their postwar kingdom in S. America complete with u-boats and flying saucers (See Andreas Epp and Coanda effect). I read it on Wikipedia, and we all know the printed word is true, ergo I am not lying.

The NKVD is related to the GUGB which descended from the OGPU and the old Cheka, as well as taking over functions from the former czarist MVD. The NKVD also branched into the RKKA and RKKF. It’s all very ABC. OK?

Sure … but it is only half the story and there is more to it than just South America.

Recent reports still have the Red Skull at large and … if one can trust my sources at Marvel … has alligned himself with anarchist causes these days, leaving his nazi affiliations behind. I have no idea as yet how Hydra dealt with this, but I think you can look it up.

Regarding Hammer and Major Maxim … no news since the Danger Girls defeated him but I think we have not heard the last of him.

Also: there is a new documentary in the making telling that Rasputin was NOT terminated by Hellboy. “And stay down!” may have been premature a claim by our big, red boy.

P.S.: Nice nickname … you don’t play ASL by any means?

[quote=“Tainan Cowboy”]Vay -
So…did you view and listen to the videos? I’m really not quite sure what your comment actually is. Embarrassment? Meaningless comment. [/quote]

Well, I watched one of them (which, frankly, is probably more than you can say for 90% of the articles or video clips I’ve posted in threads that you’ve responded to!) However, I wasn’t really responding to the video, so much as to your insinuation that this guy Bezmenov is somehow showing that liberals in general were somehow a great asset for the former USSR – at least that’s what it sounded like you were implying – sorry if I mis-read.

Actually, what the guy says in the first video is pretty much the opposite:

Sounds a lot like Rupert Murdoch to me! Conservative established media mogul. A bald-faced liar. Unprincipled. Egocentric beyond comprehension. No wonder he was “recruited” by Mainland China!

And TC, yet AGAIN I think you conveniently fail to forget there’s a BIG difference between New Deal liberals and hardcore pro-Soviet Leftists. About as much difference as there is between where you stand on the right and where the Nazi prick who posted these videos on Youtube does! Hence my “embarrassment” comment.

Finally, I’ll agree with you that the poster’s Nazi leaning is irrelevant. Asserting otherwise is an ad hominem argument. Deal with the argument, not the guy making the argument. Simple as that.

[quote=“Snake Eyes”]Hi Bob,

Lesion is spelt with one “s”. [/quote]

That may be true generally and in fact is quite logical given the long sound given the “e” but it looks funny that way and I prefer to add the extra “s.”

Meanwhile the pond is hardly getting any deeper is it? In fact it appears to be suffering the dreaded evaporation effect so common to so many ponds in this, the age of global, hack*, warming.

Vay -
Thanks for the response. I am glad you did view and listen to some of the vid interview.

Again, remember this was in the mid 80’s. What the agent is relating is the penetration of Soviet methods into the academic, media and upper reaches of radical/leftist groups around the world. And revealing exactly how these ‘tools’ were viewed by the upper echelons of their KGB handlers.

re:nazi comments - Well, I stated that the nazi comparison comments were asinine. Thats all that need be said. Consider the sources.

This topic, KGB/DGI (Cuban Intel)/STASI penetration into media, academic and leftist political groups was a rarely acknowledged subject during that time and has since been a ‘dirty little secret’ by most of the political writers post this era. Also mentioned here is the fate of these “useful idiots” in post-‘revolution’ times - exile, imprisonment or bullet to the head. He explains the why and wherefore of this fate to the toadies who did the ground-work for the “glorious revolution.”

He also mentions the Soviet/East Block troops on the ground in various theaters - Angola, Nicaragua, etc. This is worthy of keeping in mind when considering the developments politically and culturally in these areas.

IMO, the same pattern is being followed, with slight modification, by the PRC in some of the same areas in this age. Except, IMO, the PRC is much more developed in its methods and will receive much greater economic results by their use of “useful idiots” today.

Actually, I’ll probably listen to the rest when I get time - the first one was quite interesting. It really brings home the truth of Reagan’s assertion that the former USSR was an ‘evil empire’.

Contrary to what some may expect, based on the media-fed stereotypes they hold about liberals, I am opposed to tyranny in ALL its forms - whether it be Communist, Islamist, Fascist, or what-have-you.

Read Kenneth Pollack on the Threatening Storm (Iraq) or Persian Puzzle (Iran) to gain a good understanding of how leaders of these nations continue to manipulate Western publics (mostly of the leftist variety) to suit their own aims. Israel has had long experience with this. I wonder how long it will take before people finally wise up to how they are being treated as patsies.

One might hasten to add that the useful idiots of today however are the free trade, economic development is the answer to all problems types, or at least one “might” hasten to add that unless one were oneself… oh never mind.