Forming a company with a spouse visa

Hi, I’m new to Taiwan and don’t really have any experience of local law concerning company regulations and how to form one.

Is there a good and informative website (In English) that explains the requirements and processes?

Thanks

Best is to call a CPA. They do the process for you. You can’t really do it yourself.

If you have an open work permit. There really aren’t any requirements. All requirements pertain to work permits rather than company setup.

Would you like me to recommend one? I used one to set up my small company.

1 Like

Welcome to Forumosa!

Best Government process I’ve seen so far is: https://onestop.nat.gov.tw/oss/web/Show/engWorkFlow.do

I recommend the book How to Start a Business in Taiwan https://startabusinessintaiwan.tw/ . It’s a bit dated, but the theory presented in the book is very useful for understanding the process. It also covers some of the things to know about running a business that you need for planning purposes (insurance is a key one).

1 Like

Certainly, go for it.

Thanks very much

Ok. My Taiwan CPA is Wu Mengta

Taipei and Taichung. Tell him Marco sent you. Fluent in English, government recommended him to me.

Taipei office is big copper coloured building by Zhongshan Junior High School on the brown line.

Edit: Since moved.

3 Likes

I was thinking to buy that book last month actually, but the thing that put me off was that it seems to have been published in 2013 (I thought it had been updated in 2017 actually, but just checked again and it really seems to be the 2013 version that’s being sold).

You reckon it’s still worth it then, despite that?

While some of the numbers have changed in that time, the most important fundamentals have not. In particular, I value the sections on the different types of entity and different types of insurance. If you’re already a little familiar with the requirements of running a business here, it may not be worth it. However, if you are starting from zero and want a foundation of knowledge from which to explore, it may well be.

1 Like

If this book is over 7 years old, chances are there’s a few secondhand copies knocking about.
I know that makes me seem like a cheapskate, but hey, money is tight right now.

If anyone has a copy, or knows someone who does, that wants to make a few ££££, give me a shout.

Thanks

1 Like