Formosa Fitness (closed) :facebook:

I was downstairs, working up a sweat, so hence needed all the water.

Maybe water fountain isn’t the right word, filtered water dispenser or whatever. But yes, every other gym I’ve been to here has them, including the government ones.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well we aren’t carrying them and won’t in the future. BTW, I priced the water at Family Mart and a small bottle is NT25, some were NT20, and the cheapest was NT18. So our NT15 for the same size mineral water isn’t outrageous. And our big bottle of water is NT25, not NT30 as you posted. So I don’t think we’re ripping anyone off and our prices seem pretty reasonable to me.

As to our gym policies, most people we’ve had the pleasure of working out with over the six years we’ve been in business are very happy with what we’re doing so we will continue to satisfy them. Thanks.

Man, you really don’t take criticism very well.

I didn’t say you were ripping anyone off, nor that your pricing for water was outrageous.

I simply suggested it might be nice if you got a filtered water tap installed. They cost hardly anything and would make a great addition to the gym.

2 bottles of water 4 times a week is costing members an extra 800 a month, that’s half the membership price!

[quote=“monokuro”]Man, you really don’t take criticism very well.

I didn’t say you were ripping anyone off, nor that your pricing for water was outrageous.

I simply suggested it might be nice if you got a filtered water tap installed. They cost hardly anything and would make a great addition to the gym.

2 bottles of water 4 times a week is costing members an extra 800 a month, that’s half the membership price!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Is it that hard to bring your own bottle of water from home?

[quote=“monokuro”]Man, you really don’t take criticism very well.

2 bottles of water 4 times a week is costing members an extra 800 a month, that’s half the membership price! [/quote]

Last time I’m posting on this because debating on the Internet is unmanly: if you don’t like working out here then simply go somewhere else. Really, it won’t bother me. I don’t want people who don’t want to be there in my gym. As for your criticism, i don’t need it and you could have said something to the front desk instead of here. i answered you already and you pushed it. It sounds like the fancy-pants gym down the street that panders to people by giving them “free water” and “free towels” (but charges a heck of a lot more than us) might be more your style.

Thank you, sir. Most people don’t think it’s so hard or they just buy water at the gym and we’ll continue to work out with them.

Wow, that’s your customer service?

I make a suggestion which would benefit not only your members, but possibly bring in others and you act like that?

I did look for you there, actually just to say hello but you weren’t there.

Then afterwards I was talking with my friends about the water thing, who said the same thing.

So I thought, you know, you might like some feedback. It seems not.

Customer service is provided by our front desk, which (for the sake of my fellow foreigners) I’ve conveniently staffed with trainers that I personally taught to speak English. If their response was somehow inadequate, you could have left me a note, sent me an email, left a message on the Facebook page, or sent me a PM here. Pretty much anything other than making a public spectacle here which was guaranteed to piss me off.

Now for the last time, I’m not giving you free water. Either bring it from home, buy it at the gym or 7-11, or go workout somewhere else.

Just want to let folks know that we’re honored to be bringing in US Olympic lifting champion Donny Shankle for a full day seminar on Sept 28. We don’t get much stuff like this in our neck of the woods so if you’re interested in this, please come.

Link here:
goo.gl/eAEQZV

All proceeds go to help Donny train up for the 2016 Olympics. Hope to see some of you there!

So I’m very happy with you guys all in all, I just wanted to say that, I’ve had bad experiences with gyms in Taipei and HK in the past and it’s refreshing to be in a place where you won’t be hounded for personal training, or where people do curls at the racks, or otherwise waste space messing around. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and you guys are doing a great job all in all. I always feel happy to come. I do feel like downstairs could use another rack for peak times but I guess the space would just barely suffice. Anyway, just wanted to post this because the past pages have been full of petty criticisms and that shouldn’t be representative of Formosa Fitness for anyone who sees this thread.

Thank you, sir! I can’t tell you how much this means to me. We do what we do for people like you, people that appreciate what we have to offer. I wish we had space for another rack cause i love them but 3 power racks and one squat rack are about all we can hold. You could try using the portable squat rack, if it’s available, and move it wherever you need. I lifted off that thing for years before we had the larger power racks.

Good luck in your training and I hope I bump into you sometime. Thanks again!

I’ve had two people recently tell me in email that they thought we were Crossfit so they were reluctant to contact us. Just to be clear – we are not Crossfit! We believe in working out hard but not turning every workout into a competition. We believe in safe, progressive, productive training. And we have the training programs written on our wall for everyone to get great results without injury. By following our programs, we’ve actually HEALED people from injury through training. Shocking, eh? That’s what intelligent programming will get you.
Here’s our guidelines for anyone coming from a Crossfit background to our gym:

If you’ve been injured doing Crossfit and are looking for a place to train intensely but safely, then you’ve found the right place! Our gym members are in great shape but we keep them injury free by not allowing kipping pullups, etc. and by following solid, but progressive training programs. So you should know that we aren’t a pseudo-CF. We actually do all of our own programming or you can do your program.

If any of that sounds good to you, then please check us out!

Hey, do you guys have lockers for rent to keep some of my workout gear instead of me bringing everything each time i got in a big bag?

Our lockers are free. We have them upstairs next to the private bathrooms (no locker rooms here) and downstairs next to the changing rooms:

You just pick your lock number and remember it when you go to take your stuff out. Hope you get a chance to stop by.

I’m a member there. So I can keep stuff there over night or for however long I’m a member? Or is it one time use?

It’s one-time use. We don’t have enough lockers to provide them for everyone to keep stuff in permanently and if we did that, I would have to charge for it. I try to keep the costs down as much as possible. Thanks.

Is there anyway I could pay for a monthly or weekly fee to have my own locker there. I prefer to do this like my old gym in the US.

Small and runned down place

[quote=“Andrew0409”]Just a quick review about Formosa Fitness

If you are serious about training this is the place to go in Taipei. For me, as a serious lifter, this is the old school gym with all the equipment I need to body-build and train for sports. You won’t find gyms like this in Taipei. My past experiences with other gyms in long contracts that try to charge you for anything they can and I even had one shut down without a refund. You won’t find anybody sitting on a machine for “hours” looking at their phone while you are waiting to use the equipment.

They will also help anyone in any fitness level get to their goals. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Theres no long term contracts like some places that cheat you like my past experiences. Theres no fad or trendy workouts that don’t do much. This place sticks with what works. This place will help you reach your goals and break your peaks.

Ask for Dave (Owner) he was very helpful and gave me some great advice.[/quote]
Thanks, Andrew! We appreciate the kind words. It’s for people like you that we do this.

Very excited to be expanding and bringing more fitness options to our area.

As a crossfitter I approve of this video. Don’t feel entitled, respect the rules of the house, and keep an open mind. But that goes for all aspects of life and not just crossfit.

That said, any chances of opening a gym in Taichung? Pleeeeeaaase???