Formosa Fitness (closed) :facebook:

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I was a little surprised because I have dealt with your online in the past buying a bell that you sent down to Taichung. Everything was easy. That is why I was so taken aback. Anyway, I will take you up on the offer sometime soon. My goal was not to spoil your name, but just share info.

Interesting podcast FF keep up the good work. Liked how you went through various business philosophies and keep flexible according to market feedback. as to partnership,
I think it can be particularly difficult in Taiwan as many families get Involved and start interfering with the partners decision, but I do know several very successful
And now global business operations which started in Taiwan which consist of two or more partners! When partnership works it really works. But yes it is not for everybody and has its own risks. However to get to a certain size you will
Need to work with other professionals and also need finance or investment.
I also enjoy your close the circle vertically integrated business philosophy. I work for a multinational but we don’t close the circle for customer training to keep them in our ecosystem, it’s crazy. We could
Probably even make money on the training courses. For you you could enlarge the circle by producing your own design kettle bells, how about that idea? :thumbsup:

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Interesting podcast FF keep up the good work. Liked how you went through various business philosophies and keep flexible according to market feedback. as to partnership,
I think it can be particularly difficult in Taiwan as many families get Involved and start interfering with the partners decision, but I do know several very successful
And now global business operations which started in Taiwan which consist of two or more partners! When partnership works it really works. But yes it is not for everybody and has its own risks. However to get to a certain size you will
Need to work with other professionals and also need finance or investment.
I also enjoy your close the circle vertically integrated business philosophy. I work for a multinational but we don’t close the circle for customer training to keep them in our ecosystem, it’s crazy. We could
Probably even make money on the training courses. For you you could enlarge the circle by producing your own design kettle bells, how about that idea? :thumbsup:[/quote]

Glad to hear you enjoyed the podcast and thanks for the feedback. I enjoy hearing what people think about it. A friend of mine had a beautiful gym in Singapore and I never saw a gym like it. It was perfect. But because his partner provided the funding, my friend didn’t act fast enough to build the business because the partner’s funding was like a security blanket…until the partner got tired of waiting and pulled the plug. My friend and his trainers were without a gym in a month. I try to take business lessons where I can and that one stuck with me.

We do produce our own design kettlebells! We might have the best kettlebells on earth. I did research to find out who has the best, why they are the best, then I found out who is producing them. I contacted their factory and told them I wanted their type but with our modifications to fit Asian hands. Turns out kettlebells made for the American market have handles that are too big so I had them made smaller to fit Asian hands. But we have the same design and excellent finish as the best in the business, right here in little Taiwan. :wink:

1 Like

Love your protein powder, but yesterday you guys were all out. :frowning: Do you have an estimate on when you might be getting more in?

I am living at Taiwan,.I really want to join the classes…But now I have got my college.So can you please tell me when will be the next schedule held?

Fully in stock as of yesterday. And I lowered the price! Come check it out

looking for a gym,taichung area around taichung university of education or nearby!
any suggestion will be appreciated! thanks.

Is it a free class or it cost me … & Where it is .Wanna go there . :sunglasses:

By no means am I a fitness expert, but please come to Fitness Factory and teach these trainers how to use the kettlebells. Everytime I see the trainers personally use or teach clients how to use them, I just cringe.

1 Like

My computer was out for a few weeks so I just saw this. Thank you. Consider for a moment how some places can spend US$2,000 each for semi-trucks full of Keiser indoor bicycles and Hammer Strength equipment everywhere but refuse to pay anything for quality training and you’ll understand my experience. But as long as smart people like yourself keep seeing the problems and telling me about it, at least I’ll know we’ve reached a few good people. Good luck with your training.

Formosa Fitness is now in north Taipei! We are now conveniently located on MinQuan W. Rd. and ChengDe Rd. about a 2:00 walk from the MinQuan MRT stop. If you’re looking for a quality gym in that area, please come check us out. Thank you!
New gym location at MinQuan W. Rd.

5 Likes

The dream is reeeeeeeal.

I remember talking to you about coming north.

Congrats on the new location! Not too far from work, so this might work for me!

1 Like

Yes, you did! And I remembered. Thank you. I tried to find something north for years and I gave up several times but this last time I looked, this place popped up and it looked ideal. Hence the move. If you see me in the gym, please introduce yourself. I love to meet new people!

I realize our gyms aren’t always convenient for everyone and considering the state of trainers here, I decided years ago to start offering low-cost seminars to the public. These seminars run 1-2 hours and we teach you exercises you could take back to your regular gym or home workouts.
We currently offer:

1. Strength Camp – learn the four major barbell lifts
  2. Kettlebell seminars – four of these since it’s our specialty. Basics to very advanced
  3. Core – level 1 and 2. Bodyweight exercises with an emphasis on the core muscles
  4. Bodyweight – a give you a basic program with 8 or so pretty innovative basic movements. Aimed at conditioning/fat loss
  5. Kettlebell Certification – level 1 and 2. This is my own blend of all the essential kettlebell skills. If you would like to know more than most local trainers, this is the one for you. Take it as a seminar just to learn or go for the cert. It’s all good.
    Listings for dates and times here.
    Thanks!
1 Like

Cool, I’ve wondered if this sort of thing is available here. Right now I’m using dumbbells, up to 15 lbs, at home - would any of these seminars be appropriate for that kind of home workout?

I may buy slightly bigger dumbbells at some point, but since I live in a typical Taiwanese apartment, I’m not going to set up a home gym.

The Bodyweight and Core seminars would be relevant to your situation. You can see some of the bodyweight material here.
Kettlebells are what we normally recommend for home use and if you buy one from us, you get the first seminar to learn how to use it for free. I also have a DVD for people to work out at home with the kettlebell. See a preview here.

There are many people in your situation and a lot of our fans are home exercisers. We even put up a series of home workouts for free years ago. Check them out here.

2 Likes

I’m meeting people lately that are telling me how they can’t use the equipment in their gyms because of others sitting on the equipment and just looking at their cell phone. We don’t have that problem at our gyms because we ask people like that to stop doing that or leave. We also have 4 power racks and 4 squat bars at our new Minquan location, giving you 8 places to barbell bench press so waiting on equipment isn’t a problem. Just throwing that out there. Enjoy your training.

5 Likes

Hey everyone. I thought I’d let you guys know that my new MinQuan location is running a new members drive. Between now and May 15, 2018 you can get a yearly membership for just NT12,000 and a new member’s fee of NT1000. That’s NT6000 less than our monthly membership which is NT1500 a month.

I know a lot of people are tired of nose-pickers sitting on the equipment staring at their cell phones at other gyms when you’re trying to work out. And the last time I went to a Taipei city gym, a group of boys got on the rowers and did their best to try to break them. They had no respect for the equipment. If you’re tired of being surrounded by people like that, then pay us a visit and check us out. I’m in the gym all the time so I do my best to keep our standards high.

Hope to see some of you soon. Have a great weekend.

MinQuan: 2591-4522
http://formosafitness.com/chinese/?page_id=1164

1 Like

Hey everyone, thought I’d share one of our videos on something a lot of people are struggling with. This is will help anyone working out anywhere that is having problems with pushups. See if these tips help.
https://youtu.be/ht5_dlB93f8

1 Like

Hi, everyone. I thought I’d let everyone know that I’ve dropped our prices at both locations: Guting and Minquan.
As of 4/21/2018 our gym prices are:
Day pass: NT250
Monthly: NT1300
Yearly: NT9600.
For yearly, if you come 3x a week, that’s only NT66 per visit which is the lowest price I can charge and still keep the doors open.
We also have group classes which you can take as a gym member or as a non-member.
I’m putting this out there to be as transparent as possible and to combat the hard-sell marketing (which I also hate) being done here by other places. I want to attract as many people as possible that are serious about their fitness.
Check out this English tour of our new location and pay us a visit if you get a chance. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQiB5qIqblo

5 Likes