Formosa Water Park explosion (2015)

[quote]Taiwan has suffered a series of deadly fires in the past couple of years due partly to poor enforcement of building and fire safety codes and illegal construction, our correspondent adds.
A fire earlier this year killed six firefighters, prompting orders to rectify illegally constructed buildings and upgrade firefighters’ equipment and training.[/quote]

bbc.com/news/world-asia-33300970

nothing changes? I hope not.

Somewhere - maybe earlier in this thread, maybe elsewhere - I was reading about how the already-propelled flour was in a thick cloud along the ground. That could be related to where burns are located.

Natural News. I’m not going to post a link because I don’t want to drive hits to that cretin.

He seems to be a first-class one

rationalwiki.org/wiki/NaturalNews

[quote=“RockOn”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]An idiot website run by a guy whose IQ level may actually be negative is posting an article about how it was a gay pride event and this is God’s reprisal.

Some people need to have their computer use licenses revoked.[/quote]

Source, please.[/quote]

They do not deserve the publicity, but if you have to know, they call themselves naturalnews.

Somewhere - maybe earlier in this thread, maybe elsewhere - I was reading about how the already-propelled flour was in a thick cloud along the ground. That could be related to where burns are located.[/quote]

Imagine the amounts for the dust originally in aerosol to become thick as sand on the beach.

Then ignite it.

Now is definitely NOT the time to be making sarcastic remarks. What these parents are going through is unbearable to even imagine.[/quote]

Lots of talented, smart and young people whose lives are now on the line and will be on hiatus for years.

Moreover, the days to come, are critical, due to the danger of infections. And we are talking about people who in pain jumped into public pools, where the water ran red grom their blood. Semi dried pools, BTW.

[quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]An idiot website run by a guy whose IQ level may actually be negative is posting an article about how it was a gay pride event and this is God’s reprisal.

Some people need to have their computer use licenses revoked.[/quote]

Well, I do remember that during 9/11, some evangelists said that it was God’s punishment against America for allowing gays and abortion.[/quote]

Also remember some priest saying the Indonesian earthquake/tsunami was God punishing Muslims.

Hong Kong fire victim flown back for treatment.

m.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health … -explosion

Somewhere - maybe earlier in this thread, maybe elsewhere - I was reading about how the already-propelled flour was in a thick cloud along the ground. That could be related to where burns are located.[/quote]

here are some additional details, sounds like the dust was already ankle deep . .

taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c … id=2762025

Second fatal victim.

Don’t know if it’s true but it seems the organizer was also involved in a deadly nightclub fire in Taizhong a few years back … just hear-say.

here are some additional details, sounds like the dust was already ankle deep . .

taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c … id=2762025[/quote]

In the video the fireball passed quickly what really burned people is the ground was ignited and lingered

fucking horrible

Not all people managed to flee a few were found unconsciousness on the ground where the lingering fire was

Very very sad. I was reading the Facebook group that has been setup to support the victims and could not hold back tears.

When I was in Sanxia a few weeks back visiting relatives, I had jet lag so I went out in the middle of the night for a walk. I immediately noticed that many street lights exhibited loud buzzing. Once, while I was walking (and not even near a street lamp), I noticed a loud buzzing sound, as I continued walking the sound stopped so I stopped. After a few seconds, I continued walking and the sound started again. I was also feeling unwell. I realized my body was conducting the electricity in that area as I walked by. Taiwan has some really bad infrastructure.

edit: Although I guess this is because of some powder that was spread. More reminiscent of the thing that happened at the Great White performance in RI some years back.

This youtube channel is pretty interesting.

Interestingly, leisure industry calls it a “freak accident” and “theatrical powder”
leisuremanagement.co.uk/deta … eID=316654

The explosive potential of aerosolized powders is not something that’s unknown. Here’s a demonstration of how powerful they can be:

Not sure if this was already posted about Alex Haas, from New Hampshire, teacher at HESS school in northern Taiwan, not sure which one, 26 years old, NH newspaper has news here:

wmur.com/news/mont-vernon-ma … n/33831684

Alex Haas, 26, suffered second- and third-degree burns over 90 percent of his body, his family told News 9.

“It’s horrific, it’s unbelievable,” said Alex’s brother Ben.

Haas underwent surgery Sunday night to get circulation back into his legs. Haas is still having trouble getting oxygen into his lungs.

“His lungs are failing because they’re burned and filling with liquid,” Alex said. “But he’s responding. He’s still strong. He’s still fighting.”

Haas has been teaching English in Taiwan for almost a year.

“He wouldn’t hurt a fly, he’s never had a bad thing to say about anybody, and anybody who’s ever met him is better off for it,” Alex said.

Most of the family left New Hampshire on Sunday to be with Haas in Taiwan.

The family has launched a GoFundMe page to help with medical and travel expenses.

gofundme.com/y2qpd5s

FAMILY SAYS
Hey everyone: We wanted to give an update on Alex’s condition since we’ve been able to speak with Chris who made it to Taiwan this morning. The latest before today was that the burns were much more severe than we initially thought; Alex has burns to about 90% of his body. We also learned that he had dangerously low oxygen levels (70%) and fluid in his lungs. Chris told us this afternoon that Alex would be going under some sort of treatment to open his pores to allow oxygen to flow through. This procedure seemed to help slightly but he’s being closely monitored for any changes.

As far as fundraising, Ben, Dana, Leslie, Ed, and Chris have seen your outpouring of love and support for Alex and are deeply appreciative in this trying time. It gives all of us an avenue of positivity seeing Alex’s friends, family, colleagues, and perfect strangers be so willing to help. None of your generosity is going unnoticed and it is moving beyond what words can express.

We continue to push this fundraising effort and have gotten the support of WMUR News 9 who published a brief overview of Alex’s case with me but will be conducting a more in depth piece with Ben shortly.

Thanks for posting the information about Alex Haas. His situation is so horrible, I had to hold myself back from crying. It doesn’t sound like money can buy his survival. Nonetheless, I made a donation to his gofundme: gofundme.com/y2qpd5s

At least his family is with him now.