Formosan bear rescued from trap

You can’t expect people to choose based on the planet. Everyone will make choices to benefit themselves, every single time. Unless you have a totalitarian government that regulates every aspect of our lives. I’m sure nobody wants that.

As for phones, if device manufacturers would quit having planned obsolescence into the devices, like making newer OS that slows down older phones, maybe we wouldn’t have so much desire to get new phones.

Very true, although this is also easier said than done. Our global supply chains are so complex and opaque that a lot of the time, even if you do research and think you’re making “good” decisions, you can’t be sure.

Whether it’s food, electronics, clothing, etc., at every step the product takes on the way to you, there’s opportunity for somebody to take advantage to fatten their profits. You might think you’re buying a product that’s ethically sourced and manufactured, but you really have no way of knowing most of the time.

They already do it. Well, the ones I’ve seen shooting like that carry what looks like home made rifles.

Tbh, I’m already afraid of being shot one night at any of yhe forests where hunters do tgeir thing… Guns for everyone only in USA and other uncivilised countries, thanks.

1 Like

The monkeys bad behaviour down south has been corrupted by human tourists though right? it feels silly to kill a wild monkey thats trying to get a banana from a tree.

1 Like

When I was here Taiwan had some good interactions with Indiginouse friends, boy how they brag about eating Monkey blah blah bullshit.

Starts of I tell them how we lamped using Landrover roof off rifles shooting Deer, they can’t imagine so come out with old boy stories.

Young man I snared rabbits, fine until you get a fox in a snare still alive and whos’s got the balls to free it? My mate wanted to club it to death! because he was frightened on what we had caught, i did but under a lot of fear, never snared again taught me.

What obscure and enigmatic language is that? Does anybody know?

5 Likes

Thank You

2 Likes

They are all wild monkeys grabbing a.banana until people move in an make it their own. Where is the line? Kaohsiung was filled with farms, rivers, forests etc. before as well. Without a definiitve line drawn, the argument cant stand up :frowning:

Not saying it is easy or overnight, but believe its absolutely true. If a model doesnt sell, it gets cancelled. In simplest terms.

The reasons why it doesnt sell, or it does sell well, are almost always dictated by the customers choice to buy it or not. Its easy to say its too difficult and continue on, but reality is any company that sees something in their lineup sell poorly stops its production or rethinks its strategy. companies are whores for profits. its that people dont care and wont make decisions based on global health rather than themselves. Its the simplest sollution in the world to many of our problems, and people look at you all crooked faced when pointing it out…we, as a species, dont seem that intelligent given the broader picture, and we have all the tools available to be able to see it. Only reason is lack of will.

Another funny excuse is this exmple. Phone A is the worst of the worst. Pollutes waterways, slave labour, spies you etc.

Phone B pollutes waterways (same batteries maybe), but is made in a better place without slaves and is secure and wont sell your data to its government.

If everyone chooses Phone B, which way will the mnaufacturing.start to lean after a couple years?

In reality people make fun of people talking bout why phone B is better because it still pollutes so their idiots and nothing will change. And thus nothing changes because our cultures are retarded by ourselves. Its good to break that habit and also speak up to stores. I manufacture, we have to talk to stores and do all that fun stuff. In actual fact, when a store gets a bunch of requests for our product, the store orders it because there is a demand. If the store gets 50% returns on crappy products and customers complain all the time, they drop it.

From big to small, they all operate the same way more or less. Big stores need more volume or requests or complaints to change, obviously, but they will. Way back when walmart pretty much bankrupted rubbermaid (or another plastic tote mnaufacturer, forgot which one) because they wanted it cheaper. Direct response of manufacturer being control by the customers. Imagine if they required cleaner manufacturing. Thats why all these certifications exist. Lost of corruption unfortunately, but slow steps in better directions. People can make change. But, will people make change?

build a fence!

Hahaha, oh man…if you only knew the shit farmers go through with monkeys. Most give up and have a live and let live with random lessons on crossing the line. They arent like pigs, deer, rodents, snails etc. They are like theives, but instead of jail they get death if caught.

Easy point, almost notihing we building is monkey proof. Screens, wires, fences, even electrified ones. No chance. In many ways they are smarter than humans in that, they only need to be taught once. One could argue they are hungrier. Back to the theory of older human species and our species reigning supreme due to our willingness to ignore facts while others played it safe. In some ways, we are like ants. They were, and are, more cautious and have deeper concerns of consequences. But they also have more motivation and can do crazy stuff like open doors, trigger traps, use tools etc to get their way.

Yep. My brother in law lost his whole persimmon crop to monkeys this year. Just enough fruit salvaged to hand around to family and friends, but none for the market.

Taiwanese cant even drive properly. You want to trust them with Guns?

:loco:

1 Like

You said it.

But we are all thinking it haha.

guns are easy to use. Just dont point the wrong end at people. Driving is actually quite complicated, needing to juggle between multiple things, especially if driving stick. That’s why they say people with Aspergers arent good drivers.

Shooting a gun and hunting are different. That aside, given the temper flashpoints in many of taiwans communities, guns would be devastating. They already are a shit show as is with only one race allowed to use them. powdered ballbearings at that. Agreed guns are simple, and already a massive fail with the huge limitations put on them. Better education before that discussion should be allowed.

Build a fench with a roof! Obviously a standard fench isn’t going to keep monkeys out. They are natural climbers.

1 Like

Huh. Why didnt i think of that! A roof could be ideal in flash flooding, typhoon ridden, shady mountainous fields that need light for crop production. Plus, Land prices are so cheap these , why not spend 10 years income on a tiny plot to put a roof on it!

There must be a local comedy special on this topic by now :slight_smile:

We have a place for ideas like this, we call it: the plains. There is a reason the aboriginals were sent to the hills :wink:

1 Like

why are you acting like a cage with a roof is a new concept?

and if you want to go the whole hog with extra monkey defence. WCW triple cage.

ain’t no monkey getting in that!

I seem to remember farmers down south can legally kill monkeys now?