Forum Ranking!

And so, I noticed the unique forum ranking below my avatar and everyone else’s.

Mine’s
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

From my understanding,
十分 shífēn is ten points (full score or perfect) and 新手 xīnshǒu probably means newbie or something like that.

What’s with the English version of the rank? Others that I have came across kind of make sense except this one?
Ink Still Wet in Passport? .__. Also, where can I view the complete list of ranks? =P

This ranking thinggy has greatly stimulated my curiousity to learn them.

Let’s change them. It’s about time. Forumosa’s been using these for 12-odd years. Let’s re-write them for the next 12

Suggest new titles and what levels they should be. I’ll talk to Tempo Gain about it, too.

I hope “Chair-Wielding Legislator” stays.

I am rather fond of “scooter commuter”, personally.

I agree. I like them, and they’re still appropriate, which just shows how little Taiwan has changed.

I would like to see a new category of Eco-warrior Building Developer, in honour of the building companies who a blazing are trail with their environmentally-friendly communities. You can tell they’re environmentally friendly because they have names like ‘Green Paradise on Earth’ and feature billboards of rolling fields and windmills.

I’d like to keep most of them, but we could insert some more People ones, similar to ‘Posting like Shakespeare’.

If you’re quick about it, I can still be Chiang Kai-shek (1887 – 1975).
Course, this won’t affect anybody with more than 2013 posts.

In fairness, one building near my apartment has two huge fucking windmills on top. Given the claims of the Eco-Warrior Forum Posters here, I am sure that those two huge fucking windmills are sufficient to replace at least one of the nuclear plants.

Add in the cogeneration from the methane produced by the building’s sewage, and Taiwan should be energy-independent.

I like the current ones, too, especially the titles that highlight Taiwan’s idiosyncrasies, like finley pointed out.

If any rankings are added, I suggest one about those annoying prerecorded megaphones that assault you at store entrances…perhaps Megaphone Voice Actor (I’m not sure of the Chinese, maybe 喊話器的聲音演員? (hǎn huà qì de shēng yīn yǎn yuán)

I’ve been wondering, if I go around smashing those, how large of a medal will I be awarded by a grateful populace?

I’ve been wondering, if I go around smashing those, how large of a medal will I be awarded by a grateful populace?[/quote]
I would be eternally indebted to you! :bravo:

That is so 90s. The last time I saw a legislator that wielded anything was at least 10 years ago. They’ve all been co-opted by the KMT.

I hope they won’t be changed so soon. I really find them interesting as the rankings are a mixture of religious/mythology/fantasy figures and formal job posts…? :o

1-10: Probably a troll
11-30: Nope, not a troll. Just a bit strange
31-300: Do a search
301-1000: Understands Taiwan culture
1001-3000: No longer understands Taiwan culture
3001-6000: Still drinking?
6001+: Right about everything

If the old rankings must go out, maybe they can be commemorated in a series of T-shirts sold at those “humorous/sarcastic clothing” night market shops.

[quote=“tomthorne”]1-10: Probably a troll
11-30: Nope, not a troll. Just a bit strange
31-300: Do a search
301-1000: Understands Taiwan culture
1001-3000: No longer understands Taiwan culture
3001-6000: Still drinking?
6001+: Right about everything[/quote]
If you look at how many posts I have, then your second one is missing the mark.

I say keep most of them. There are some choice handles there. We can add some new ones, such as “Bat Wielding Psychopath” or “Mastered the Art of the 5 beer buzz.”

OK, I didn’t mean to say let’s replace ALL of them. Instead, I meant let’s have some new titles and renumber them, too, since there are more Forumosans with a lot of posts

Here is a list of the current rankings: [bit.ly/YObKVm]

I’ll talk to Tempo Gain about setting a deadline on when to make the changes

Tried to check the list, but it seems it was trashed by the owner…

1 Like

Thank you for checking.

Pls try it now. I’ve remove it from the trash folder

Still, same problem…
Probably it’s better to upload it again, if you can.