Forum Statistics now visible

I’m trying to install the advanced statistics module again after yesterday’s fiasco. I found some bugs in the revisions I made the first time around, so I’m hopeful I’ll be successful this time around

If there are fatal problems to the forum, like yesterday, I’ll look to rollback the server by asking our webhost to restore yesterday’s back up of the server. This would mean posts made since that backup was saved would be lost

Check our blog for updates, especially if the site (gulp) goes down again :doh:

You can see the statistics at www.forumosa.com/taiwan/stats.php

stats nice, frustratingly slow load times not so nice…

BTW, what is the start date for these stats (including total posts, nearing the magical million for which we would need a special present for the millionth poster if it reflected the true total forumosa count).

I guess the stats are for the tiny percentage of users who pay for ad space. Isn’t there some other way of providing these figures for these people other than slowing down the site for the rest of us? A newsletter for advertisers or something?

Posts in temp, one of the busiest forums, eventually end up in oblivion, which means that many, many posts are not counted toward the total (or rather are counted only temporarily). So Forumosa’s advertisers should be made to understand that our numbers are bigger than they might appear.

Also, because the total shifts to and fro as temp threads are automatically deleted, it would be difficult to pinpoint the millionth post.

Posts in temp, one of the busiest forums, eventually end up in oblivion, which means that many, many posts are not counted toward the total (or rather are counted only temporarily). So Forumosa’s advertisers should be made to understand that our numbers are bigger than they might appear.

Also, because the total shifts to and fro as temp threads are automatically deleted, it would be difficult to pinpoint the millionth post.[/quote]

I resynch the post count fairly regularly, so the discrepancy shouldn’t be too stark. You’re right about the difficulty in recognizing the millionth post, though.

It just got a lot faster compared to this morning.