Forum Upgrade planned for Sun 16 Aug (originally 9 August)

We’re going to upgrade our forum software to the current version of phpBB3, which might result in some downtime. I’ve scheduled it for Sunday to minimize disruptions. If we run into trouble, I may need to reset the server back 24 hours

It looks like it did have to get set back a bit. Some recent posts are gone. Upgrade seems ok, though. Keep up the great work, guys!

It looks like it did have to get set back a bit. Some recent posts are gone. Upgrade seems ok, though. Keep up the great work, guys![/quote]
Thanks, Kage.

We’re still testing things out, but I think you are right and we are in the clear. We’ve lost the past 56 hours in the process

It looks like we’ve lost all of Sunday’s posts. That’s a great pity, especially the loss of so many of the posts about the typhoon and its terrible effects.

It was rather unfortunate for Forumosa to be down in the aftermath of such a catastrophic event, when it would have been most needed.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]It looks like we’ve lost all of Sunday’s posts. That’s a great pity, especially the loss of so many of the posts about the typhoon and its terrible effects.

It was rather unfortunate for Forumosa to be down in the aftermath of such a catastrophic event, when it would have been most needed.[/quote]
I couldn’t agree with you more. We still have to upgrade to the latest version of phpBB3, and I’m having some connectivity issues from here in Shanghai to our server (which is based in the US). I’ll actually be in the US later this month, although I wasn’t planning to be working on this over there.

Expect more instability as I try to upgrade the software this month

It looks like it did have to get set back a bit. [color=#FF0000]Some recent posts are gone.[/color] Upgrade seems ok, though. Keep up the great work, guys![/quote]
Is that why I have an entire thread from Sunday gone?

Yes, that’s probably why

Yes, that’s probably why[/quote]
Bummer. It was a sweet thread.

No worries. Nothing really important.

Dammit! Lost my prisoner thread, too.

[quote=“jimipresley”]Dammit! Lost my prisoner thread, too.[/quote]That’s was quite a good one too :frowning:
On the other hand, I lost some posts too, so it’s not all bad.

Sent you a PM about that but not sure if you got it or not.

Sent you a PM about that but not sure if you got it or not.[/quote]
Yes, I got it. You obviously didn’t get my reply. Thank you so much, kind sir.

I made a really brilliant post. Did anyone see it?

Don’t be precious. Your posts are all brilliant.

Thanks for all your hard work in this.

Don’t know if it’s helpful info or not, but I get a ‘General Error Message - too many connections’ message if I click on ‘Active Topics’.

Good GRIEF! Gus! You need to STOP playing around right now! Of all times, this is NOT the time for site instability!

Yeah, I got that error but it was in response to various actions, including a search, clicking New, and searching a user’s posts. Presumably Gus is still working some bugs out. Jiayou!

I wouldn’t dream of doing a search.

What, you finally got your profile up on Forumosa Friends?

I keep telling you, it ain’t going to work.

1. You look nothing like Ben Kingsley. Plus, he’s far too famous: the lasses’ll catch on.
  2. The ladies look nothing like their profile pics either.
  3. Your wife’s pretty sharp. If she finds out, she’ll start setting up dummy accounts and baiting you just because it’ll be an easy way to get you out of the house. Think of it as a trail of bread crumbs leading you away into the woods. No one’s quite sure how, but as you’ve somehow convinced her to let you into the house, you don’t want to give her time enough to change the locks. :wink:

I’ve dreamt of it, but never actually succeeded in real life.

56 hours of my life, gone forever. Can I sue?