Forumosa Bug List

double post

Might be partly a Hinet problem. They were shit yesterday. My wife called to see what the problem was and they replied that they were ‘having problems’. What’s the most annoying is that after you get a ‘page not found’ the ‘posts since last visit’ is often reset.

Brian

YES, the posts since last visit do reset. Thats why I though I was missing a cookie… I don’t have Hinet though!

It’s freaking annoying. I couldn’t post at all yesterday, not just as bassman but as anyone.

[quote=“Bassman”]It’s freaking annoying. I couldn’t post at all yesterday, not just as bassman but as anyone.[/quote]Annoying for you, but bliss for the rest of us :stuck_out_tongue:
We all get days like that, it seems to be different days for everyone, no idea why…

er… “but as anyone” who else would you try to post as ?

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Bassman”]It’s freaking annoying. I couldn’t post at all yesterday, not just as bassman but as anyone.[/quote]Annoying for you, but bliss for the rest of us :stuck_out_tongue:
We all get days like that, it seems to be different days for everyone, no idea why…

er… “but as anyone” who else would you try to post as ?[/quote]

I can’t get posts since last visit at all. Keeps saying that there are no posts that meet that criteria, but there were plenty there when I hit the button.

er… “anyone”, I am also “nameless in protest” a Jacky Wu persona that is a plague to the site. I have also been known to post as Sandman, jeepers_, spack, Hexuan, Maoman, Mr He, Stragbasher, Alien, Closet Queen, Tigerman, Mother Theresa, Tomas, Chou, MikkaW, Wolf Reinhold, Vorksigan, Duran’s Bane, ImaniOU, Poagao, Miltownkid, Big Fluffy Matthew, and gus, to name but a few. The only persona I refuse to take credit for is Formosa. So, now the secret is out, I am Forumosa, there isn’t anyone else here at all.

I’ve been having some problem as well. One of the major one would be that I can NOT logged on to Forumosa if I am using AOL as my internet connection and why is that??? I’ve been trying since yesterday and it bugssssss the shit out of me!!! :imp: :imp:

I keep getting logged out and i can try forever to log in and even when i do get in … i can’t post!

I’ve tried posting from both my home AND at work and still the same problem.

Grrrr…

So invalid_session is a Hinet problem and not a forumosa problem gus?

I am thinking about getting cable modem instead, it might make the posting easier.

[quote=“Mr He”]So invalid_session is a Hinet problem and not a forumosa problem gus?

I am thinking about getting cable modem instead, it might make the posting easier.[/quote]You would change your ISP to make getting on Forumosa easier ? Now that’s dedication !

YES!

The fact that Hinet is slow and expensive and has a pretty poor service has nothing to do with the fact that I want to change.

Forumosa.com doesn’t handle Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) URLs properly. For example, 黎建溥.com/ is now a valid URL, but Forumosa.com will not make that into a clickable link. Neither will:

http://www.黎建溥.com/
Test 1
Test 2

Somehow the forum software is refusing to accept these domains as valid.

See this discussion: forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?p=131244#131244
Also RFC3492 covers the encoding format for IDNs.

[quote=“jlick”]http://www.黎建溥.com/
http://www.黎建溥.com/
Test 1
Test 2[/quote]

I’ve been playing around with phpBB and I don’t have this problem with version 2.0.6c:
forums.tcp.com/viewtopic.php?p=8#8

Another poster mentioned (yesterday somewhere) that the Rules are in Italian. I thought he just meant that they were incomprehensible but when I checked over there, sure enough, they really are in Italian. :laughing:
Why is that? And is an English version due out any time soon, or am I missing some kind of inside joke?

Hopefully there will be new rules up as soon as we can decide what they are, we’re still debating if it’s wrong to screw a goose on a Sunday if the goose gives consent, and in which forums. But stay tuned for a brand new(-ish) faq, when’s that going up, Gus ?
In the mean time, you are expected to follow the rules as they stand, ignorance is no excuse :moo:

The rules as they stand are in Italian! :laughing:

Ignorance of Italian is a pretty good excuse for not knowing the rules I would imagine. Oh, that’s right - the rules haven’t been decided on yet. Or have they? I’m :moo: confusing… :mrgreen:

That the rules are in Italian and they are not finalized yet are my responsibility.

1. They are in italian becuase I rupped them from an Italian website. I like the formatting

2. There are basic rules (ex. removing your own posts to render other people’s responses meaningless can get you banned), but I have not yet put them up

3. the FAQ is also stuck in my backlog

I hope to update these things in a month or so. I regret not committing more strongly than this

I have been unable to access any “posts since last visit” since last night some time. Every time I try I get a message that nothing meets my search criteria! I could go through every topic I suppose but really don’t want to spend the time. Can this be fixed?
Thanks
Tika

As a stopgap, you could use ‘browse last 24 hours’ - assuming, of course, you tend to check in at least once a day :slight_smile: