Forumosa Christmas Dinner at Capone's, Sunday, December 21!

It’s Christmas time! :candycane: Last year at Capone’s was such a good time, we’re going to do it again! :santa:

Tavern Captain is offering Forumosans a fabulous traditional Christmas buffet, including Roast Turkey, Christmas Ham and all the fixings you can dream of prepared by Master Chef Giorgio Trevisa and his crew at Capone’s, for the very reasonable price of NT$690/person (including Service Charge!) including a glass of red or white wine. Children under the age of 12 eat for just $300!

The event starts at 3:00 pm with a screening of a Christmas movie for the kids on Capone’s large screen, whilst the adults engage in Yuletide banter at the bar. At 5:00 the buffet begins, and at 7:00, there will be a special screening of the Christmas Classic, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original Dr. Seuss version, not the recent Jim Carrey movie).

And finally, at 7:30 pm, Roberto Zayas performs Christmas and other songs on his acoustic guitar. This will be a great night! If you’re planning on coming, why not put your name down here so that Tavern Captain can start to get an idea of how many people to expect!

Vanessa, Trudi, and I will be there! :slight_smile:

PS: Capone’s is located at 312 Zhongxiao East Road, Section 4. Their telephone number is 2773-3782

:candycane: :santa: :candycane: :santa: :candycane: :santa: :candycane: :santa: :candycane: :santa: :candycane: :santa: :candycane: :santa: :candycane: :santa: :candycane: :santa: :candycane: :santa: :candycane: :santa: :candycane: :santa:

We’ll plan on making it to this one. My kids haven’t seen me falling down drunk in quite a while.

Oh, and well it’s all well and good to have a roll call here, don’t forget to make your reservation with Capone’s, so that they can get an idea of how many people to expect! Send an e-mail to lisa@tavern.com.tw

Perhaps it doesn’t matter for most people, but that is the same day as the ING marathon in Taipei. However, that also means I will be in town with my family. Let me see if I can talk my wife into bringing the family for the dinner at least before returning to Taichung.

BTW, is this a non-smoking event?

Yes, that’s right.

and gustav?

[quote=“Jack Burton”][quote=“Maoman”]
Vanessa, Trudi, and I will be there! :slight_smile:
[/quote]
and Gustav?[/quote]
That’s what doggy-bags are for…

sounds like fun! I think I would be able to make it!

TavernCaptain just called to let me know that the movie Ratatouille will be shown at 3:00 pm for the kids. Whilst not exactly a Christmas movie, it is a movie that can be enjoyed by kids of all ages (and adults, too!)

The rats will enjoy it. I e-mailed my reservation in.

We will start 3pm with the animated cartoon Rataouille which indeed is an excellent movie for kids and adults. This will be shown on our big screen.

From 5pm till 8pm will serve a Christmas dinner buffet:

• Roast Turkey with choice of sauces
  • Halibut on pesto sauce
  • Porchini mushroom risotto
  • Spaghetti Bolognese
  • Chicken Penne
  • Salami Pizza
  • Pizza Marguerita
  • Turkey stuffing
  • Potato mash
  • Vegetable meddley
  • Appetizer buffet
  • Salad bar
  • Mushroom soup
  • Bread selection
  • Desserts

NT$690 per person (including svc. charge and a glass of red or white wine)
children NT$300

Roberto Tsayas will play christmas- and other songs from 8pm.

Please kindly make your reservation, helping us to plan by either tel. 27733782 or e-mail: lisa@tavern.com.tw

This is a family event and the restaurant will be smoke free so smokers can practice for January 11th onwards.

We’ll be there, last year was a lot of fun

We’re looking forward to it as well!

Yuletide bump!

You need some ointment for that.

Wonderful dinner, wonderful company! Thanks, Michel for all your hard work. You put on a great spread - that was a terrific roast turkey! :notworthy: :bravo:

I had a great time. The kids had fun too. I particularly liked the cheesecake. I ate more than a couple slices.

Oh, that was a very nice buffet – thanks Taverncaptain! The turkey with stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce was divine! Truly divine, and I pity those poor saps who didn’t make it.

$690 including live music, wine and service charge was very, very reasonable.

I was delighted to meet Mingshah, and the families of various Forumosans, too. :slight_smile:

Althought just some how running into it accidentally I have to say it was great fun. It was a pleasure to finally meet some of the faces behind the names, especially Dragonbones.
The kids had great fun and the parents enjoyed it too. Many thanks for that great event.

Yes, a great time! As said the turkey and fixings was great, I particularly enjoyed the antipasto setup. Oh and the pudding