Forumosa.com: Secrets Revealed!

I know that most of you lot (unlike myself) are always finding cute ways to skirt the rules here. Hence, I feel that this thread is of utmost importance, and it surprises me and leaves me aghast that this topic has been thus far neglected.

My :2cents: on flob cheating:

If you are going to post drivel, gravedig or flame-bait, ALWAYS do it between 6PM and 8PM on weekdays, and 12PM-6PM on Saturdays and Sundays. This is the time that moderators are spending quality time with their families and your nonsense will not reach Temp for at least TWO HOURS!

That’s Jimi’s hint for the week. Feel free to add your own, but please do it within the time-frame as demarcated above. Spread the love, people!

AN FAQ FOR CHEATS:

1. If you want to be a dick, do it within Jimi’s time-frame. :thumbsup:
  2. Tigerman likes ice in his girlie beer! :astonished:
  3. Enigma likes FREE beer! Imagine that! :lick:
  4. Use big words like TheGingerMan does, and everyone will think you’re really smart! :bow:
  5. Emulate Poagao and quote Fortigurn!
  6. Ironlady doesn’t understand Taiwanese “culture”! :no-no:
  7. ALWAYS tell everyone how long you’ve been in Taiwan. It gives you CREDIBILITY! And always CAPITALIZE! It adds EMPHASIS to your DRIVEL!
  8. Be a kiss-ass like ThreadKiller.
  9. Get your post-count up! Follow ludicrous advice on the matter and let yourself in for a flaying by the chief, or simply just start an inane Friday “Fun and Games” thread, where you only need to post in monosyllables.
  10. Beware what you write when you’re drunk. This shit is here for all eternity, and may someday come back to haunt you.
  11. Never listen to a word that Dr. McCoy says. He doesn’t even know that there’s no stop after “Dr”.
  12. If you’re a long-term member, start obscure in-group threads to intimidate the newbies. Sow dissent, confusion and fear. This is the best way to gain their respect. :notworthy:
  13. Stay away from DRUGS! They give you indigestion!

if you REALLY want to impress tigerman, always serve him Coors with ice cubes in it.

Hell, serve me free beer without icecubes. I’m a happy happy camper.

Imbed vicious insults in back-handed compliments, obfuscate with flank harassment and irking, and keep the drive alive whilst in temp.
Flail on!

The most irrefutable response to any and all argument is “You didn’t read my post.”

But don’t forget the time-honored “You just don’t understand Taiwanese culture.”

Yes, and of course the old, “I’ve been here XX years,” “My Taiwanese girlfriend/wife says I’m right,” and inserting CAPITAL LETTERS in long, rambling legal treatises for EMPHASIS.

[quote=“jimipresley”]
If you are going to post drivel, gravedig or flame-bait, ALWAYS do it between 6PM and 8PM on weekdays, and 12PM-6PM on Saturdays and Sundays. This is the time that moderators are spending quality time with their families and your nonsense will not reach Temp for at least TWO HOURS![/quote]

I’ve been in Taiwan for 10 years and I have to DISAGREE. I find it’s best to go to a Forumosa Happy Hour, check which mods are there and then rush home to post in their forums. My :2cents:

[quote=“jimipresley”]
8) Be a kiss-ass like ThreadKiller.[/quote]
JP - all the moderators are hardcore COOL, but you’re one of the BEST I’ve come across.

I’ve been in Taiwan for 10 years now, with an MA in English Literature. My wife says I’m right when I say that you guys rock.

Sorry - correction. I meant to say:

[quote]
I’ve been in Taiwan for 10 years now, with an MA in English Literature. My
[color=#BF0040]Taiwanese[/color]
wife says I’m right when I say that you guys rock.[/quote]

A little known tip for increasing post count:

Post something, wait for 2 minutes and then correct it in a new post. You could have just edited it, but this also proves your humility through open self-correction.

Oo-er missus!

The 500 in Funk500 is a gross exaggeration.

Oo-er missus![/quote]

Sorry Funk, I meant that he was the second best.

[quote=“jimipresley”]
10) Beware what you write when you’re drunk. This shit is here for all eternity, and may someday come back to haunt you.[/quote]I wish you would stop posting about me in the second person.

:fume: Buggering around in MY forum again, are we!!??

Just because it’s Fun & Games doesn’t mean you lot can post any old drivel here! This is a serious forum, also! I’ve been here ALMOST TEN YEARS and my TAIWANESE WIFE, FRIENDS and NEIGHBOURS say I’m RIGHT!!! :raspberry:

Love that pic. The beast at work,

Best prop in the world IMHO… :2cents:

Tips to gain respect: start a thread. It needn’t be original. Follow time-honored traditions and use one of these ideas.

1. Start a thread like this: “Hi there - coming To Thaiwan in (insert number) days.” [The spelling and capitalization errors are sure to get a response].
  2. If you have a camera, you can start a thread: “Show us your (insert something you can take a picture of)”.
  3. Include terms like “climate change”, “penny-pinching”, or “outrage” in your thread topics. People will respond.

Happy to help.

Ha!! The best way to skirt a rule is to pretend you’re an alpha male (even if you are whipped and pureed by the TW wifey), use big words and say things people don’t understand (hence they feel inferior), so that when you really say sth. inferior, people think they misunderstood you and let it pass. Of course you have to find someone sans a backbone to say sth, shitty about…which is not particularly hard to do. :smiley:

Edit: Get a few good looking sidekicks and people will treat you like you tread on water for your every day commute.