Forumosa demographics changing

Ok, flounder this if you feel like it, but I really think I have a valid question:

1. Has the demographics of Forumosa changed recently?

And if it has, in what way?

Also, what will that mean to the future development of the site?

I have seen several posters speculating here and there, but I would like to hear what other people think.

(And if we could keep the discussion clear of :loco: :loco: and :boo-hoo: :boo-hoo: that would really make my next 5 minutes)

[quote=“Mr He”]Ok, flounder this if you feel like it, but I really think I have a valid question:

1. Has the demographics of Forumosa changed recently?

And if it has, in what way?

Also, what will that mean to the future development of the site?

I have seen several posters speculating here and there, but I would like to hear what other people think.

(And if we could keep the discussion clear of :loco: :loco: and :boo-hoo: :boo-hoo: that would really make my next 5 minutes)
[/quote]

Well, some of us have lost a lot of weight recently. :slight_smile:

Before that can be answered I think a better question would be, what is/was Forumosa’s demographics? Only something really general comes to mind right now: A webiste for foreign English speakers in Taiwan.

I’m pretty sure demographics get more specific than that (ie, age, location, income, etc.). I think anyway, I’d probably get a C+ in Marketing 101.

Just my opinion, but when I’ve read “changing demographics” in some peoples’ posts, I think they mean percentage of new members (as in there are more and more new members). Perhaps there is some assumption made about age etc, based on that. Perhaps there is a perception that members are getting younger. But, then, perhaps some members are just getting older.

could we start - perhaps - by establishing what the demographics are for an “old” forumosa member, IE 44 year old welsh guy, working as an editor at some govt office, fhas too much time on his hands, etc.