Forumosa entrepreneurship meeting Sunday August 13, 2006

I would also like to see it remain at Carnegies. Furthermore, I would like to allow the speaker to finish saying what he has to say, and then open the floor for questions.

Once we get the quiet corner back, I will each time remind people - myself included - that we are supposed to keep our mouths shut when presenters are talking.

I have not been in a while, plan to make the next one, but please keep it at Carnegies!!

It’s refreshing and encouraging indeed to see an idea which I started without really thinking too much over it becoming something which people talk so much about and which a few people really seem to care about.

Thanks for showing up all of you - and a great thanks to the speakers as well.

I am open for all kinds of suggestions to how we do this the best way. I felt for Jlick who had to speak against the traffic noise, the laughter etc., but still managed to get his points across. Thank you.

It would appear that most people like that it’s a fixed date, a fixed time, and a fixed place. Quite a few people mean that we are to hold it at Carnegies - some people want to keep the speaking sessions at another location. I am again open for most.

As said earlier, the main idea was for people to get together exchanging ideas, talking, get advice, create bonds etc. That was the thrust of the thing, and it would appear that it’s working. The speaking part is important as well - I have tried to keep it to 1 speaker at the very least and at the very most as well. Inputs, hearing success stories etc. is always good, and provides food for thought for all of us.

However, if a majority of people want it changed then I am open for suggestions. After all, the participants are the event, they bring everything to the table, and it would be a boring meet indeed, if the only participiant was yours truly. Therefore, if any of you have any ideas by all means bring them forward.

The next meet will be on the third sunday of September - watch this space, I will make the announcement within the next couple of days.

Hope to see you all there - I am currently working on a speaker - and the noise issues etc. will be addressed, hopefully without killing the socializing aspect of the meetings while doing so.

What could be done is every 3-4 months have speakers at a quiet location, and organize perhaps dinner and drinks at a location afterwards, maybe that could be on a Saturday, then keep the Carnegies Sunday going on as well, btw I will be getting back from Thailand sept 17, so it will have to be Oct for me…

Yes, expat life and ducking in and out of Taiwan. I’ll be in Australia for that one.

You guys do what you like with location etc but I suggest keeping it the same location and same 3rd Sunday of each month. More simple will be more sustainable imo. Carnegies is a major success expat story in its own right. So, it is sort of fitting when you think about it.

and - the next meet has been announced, and the proper reservations of sorts have been made… go here for details:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=52928

:smiley: Thought we agreed we would forget about that little session :laughing:

On an ocassion or two, but strangely the consistent factor in all was TpeBob. :laughing: :laughing:

Me too. Only thing was I spent about 10 of those hours in very pleasant company including Doctor Evil, Sheepshagger, Tash and TpeBob, then I went outside for a second and the bouncer would not let me back in.

All part of the fun.