Forumosa Groups: What do they do?

I’m the moderator of the Game Club group and I have absolutely no clue what the purpose of it is. Right now it doesn’t do anything more than serve as a list to see who has joined this group of people that may or may not attend Game Club.

Could we get a private forum or something for listing announcements (anything to make the list useful), then at least it’d do something. I keep approving new members but… why?

[quote=“miltownkid”]I’m the moderator of the Game Club group and I have absolutely no clue what the purpose of it is. Right now it doesn’t do anything more than serve as a list to see who has joined this group of people that may or may not attend Game Club.

Could we get a private forum or something for listing announcements (anything to make the list useful), then at least it’d do something. I keep approving new members but… why?[/quote]

I hera yah. I do the same with the hiking club. BUt whenever anyone signs up I send them a PM saying that we don’t actually stay in contact this way.

Funny the Games Club list. I think of all the people listed on it, only three of us actually go to it on a fairly regular basis - mythrandore, ensign, and me.

Perhaps it’s time for some serious pruning…

The Movies Club is defunct. The Games Club has an active membership of maybe 5%. And there’s no KTV Club.

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“miltownkid”]I’m the moderator of the Game Club group and I have absolutely no clue what the purpose of it is. Right now it doesn’t do anything more than serve as a list to see who has joined this group of people that may or may not attend Game Club.

Could we get a private forum or something for listing announcements (anything to make the list useful), then at least it’d do something. I keep approving new members but… why?[/quote]

I hera yah. I do the same with the hiking club. BUt whenever anyone signs up I send them a PM saying that we don’t actually stay in contact this way.[/quote]
The idea is to install more group-based functions - particularly group PMs

Feel free to find group-based features that you would like to see - you can search phpBBhacks.com and phpBB • Modifications for ideas

This is great - and probably indicates that people want to be active in the Games Club. Here’s an idea - create and build a wiki page about the Games Club in The Knowledge, and from that we’ll make web banners that will promote it more effectively