Forumosa Guanxi Auctions

Gus, can you add a Saltire (Scottish flag) to the shop?

And I bet the gays would like one of these flags:
or

While females might like their own symbol…

[quote=“Alien”]And I bet the gays would like one of these flags:
or

While females might like their own symbol…[/quote]Sorry, I think those little X’s look silly.

Hey, ya’lls buildings have shrunk!

I know, it’s dumb and all, but zodiac signs might be cool too. Chinese or western…I’d buy those, but not a national flag.

[quote=“Alien”]I know, it’s dumb and all, but zodiac signs might be cool too. Chinese or western…I’d buy those, but not a national flag.[/quote]That a good idea too.
Is it just my building that’s shrunk ? Why not Sandman’s ?

Art imitating life.
But the flag thing is good, I think. This way, we can avoid those stupid argumetns about spelling – we could just look at the flag beside a person’s name and we’d know immediately “Oh, that’s why he or she can’t spell – Yank.”

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Why not Sandman’s ?[/quote]I tried to make yours more proportional. If someone bothers to buy one of the Far Eastern buildings, I’ll re-proportion those, too.

[quote]Is it just my building that’s shrunk ? Why not Sandman’s ?
[/quote]
Now now Matthew, no need to get embarrassed. Remember, its not the size, its what you do with it. Oh, that’s right, the Mitsukoshi is going down the tubes, isn’t it? They don’t even have the supermarket anymore. Oh well, it seems you’re not only smaller, you also don’t know what to do with it. :wink:

[quote=“sandman”]
But the flag thing is good, I think. This way, we can avoid those stupid argumetns about spelling – we could just look at the flag beside a person’s name and we’d know immediately “Oh, that’s why he or she can’t spell – Yank.”[/quote]

Um, it’s your man Samuel Johnson who fucked up all the spellings! http://search.csmonitor.com/durable/1998/05/26/p16s1.htm

But one of his definitions was rather amusing: [quote]The people in England made fun of people in Scotland. His definition for oats was: “OATS - A grain which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people.”[/quote]

How about DPP and KMT and PFP and TSU logos so people can support their party of choice for the election?

Let’s do it this way…

1. Post or PM me a link to the logos you want – please bear in mind I’m trying to keep things to under 60 pixels in width.

2. I’ll bring it up with Maoman when its convenient and see what he thinks

Maybe it would be faster (simpler) if you asked him first, and then he told me :slight_smile:

[quote]Um, it’s your man Samuel Johnson who fucked up all the spellings! search.csmonitor.com/durable/199 … /p16s1.htm

But one of his definitions was rather amusing: Quote:
The people in England made fun of people in Scotland. His definition for oats was: “OATS - A grain which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people.”
[/quote]
My man? MY man? Johnson was an Englishyman. It was his sidekick, Boswell, who was a Scot (and a much better writer, to boot). Some of Johnson’s dictionary is pretty funny, though.

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]How about DPP and KMT and PFP and TSU logos so people can support their party of choice for the election?[/quote]That’s a bad idea. Unless you want to split people into camps, start arguments and stop people talking. Besides, how can we ‘choose’ ?

My wrist hasn’t been given such a workout since, since, um… :blush:

What I mean to say is that those towers, require an awful lot of scrolling to get past short little messages.

Brian

No one has to buy one. People are already split on a million issues. And some people can choose (in any case, I wrote “support,” not “choose”).

Gotta agree with Bri there.

Chinese zodiac symbols? Make forumosa.com true to life and allow people to buy a knockoff of the dude chop with some slight, but obvious variation (kind of like the Ralph Marco Polo line or my ooioos socks…Adidas for the thinking man).

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]No one has to buy one. People are already split on a million issues. And some people can choose (in any case, I wrote “support,” not “choose”).[/quote]I do, I bought this fecking big tower, didn’t I ? And a Taipei icon… and a flag…

You’re right, you don’t HAVE to buy one, but it might make things a bit awkward, you know how some people are on here with their politics… Besides, you’ll have to make the KMT one more expensive to pay for the kickbacks.
How about being able to choose your favourite cheese ?

God, have I ever become tired of hearing that over the years…
Patience Bri, I’m sure that if most people are against my large erection I’ll be able to tuck it away in a less conspicuous place once Gus finishes tweaking it.
I’ll need to change my name to Finbarr Saunders at this rate. Fnaar! Snerk!