Forumosa Happy Hour at Alleycat's - Thursday Sept 14 at 8:00

[quote=“purelove”]Hello all,

I am thinking to join you guys but… I know no one of you.
Will that be strange?
I am afraid i will be alone and dont know what to do there…[/quote]

You’ll have fun. It’s a top venue and the folks are good.

Wish I was going, instead I got a work do, a private party with Duran Duran (no shit!). As crazy as it sounds, I’d rather be at Alley’s.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”][quote=“purelove”]Hello all,

Will that be strange?

Wish I was going, instead I got a work do, a private party with Duran Duran (no shit!). As crazy as it sounds, I’d rather be at Alley’s.

HG[/quote]
Are they performing or are you … you know … having to accommodate them … If so, I’m not surprised you’d prefer Alley’s.
HGC, plaything of the rich and once-famous. :laughing:

That sounds perfectly sane to me. I can’t imagine wanting to be anywhere near them. :astonished:

Purelove, you just show up wearing spandex and a namecard that says Purelove, and you’ll fit right in! :wink: I’ll be the one in the Tigger suit. :smiley:

Spandex? I probably look as bad as Simon LeBon in spandex these days, but that fecker’s still got hair, apparently! Mind you my arse is still good, but who knows what shape it will be in after . . "her name is Rio . . . " Crikey!

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”][quote=“purelove”]Hello all,

Will that be strange?

HG[/quote]

As an 80s’ child, I was a big fan fan of Duran Duran and I’ll always have a soft spot for them. I’m a sucker for nostalgia. Having you say you’d rather be at AC than with DD, does indeed sound crazy and, more than a bit, surreal.

Surreal would be me going to the HH at your joint and you popping over here for DD. Let’s consider it! :laughing:

HG

Dont say a prayer for me now,

Save it for the morning after…

Surreal would be me going to the HH at your joint and you popping over here for DD. Let’s consider it! :laughing:

HG[/quote]

Or you could have them tag along.

HG[/quote]

Or you could have them tag along.[/quote]
fark yeah. Suggest it HG!! I mean, when was the last time they went so some cool basement pizza joint in Taipei?

It’s totally private jet-able. :unamused:

Hi,

I’m new here. I was hoping to come to some of these expat events in Taipei, but it sounds like a closed group type of thing. Is it? Are complete strangers welcome?

Thanks

A.T.

[quote=“TPFKAT”]Hi,

I’m new here. I was hoping to come to some of these expat events in Taipei, but it sounds like a closed group type of thing. Is it? Are complete strangers welcome?

Thanks

A.T.[/quote]
Yes, complete strangers are welcome. Show up, roll up on someone and say “I’m a newbie” and they will be kind to you. If not, tell me and I’ll pimp slap some sense into them.

Miltown “Undercover Brother” Kid wrote

I just searched You Tube for a “PIMP SLAP” and found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=halHz-xlVtc

[quote=“almas john”]I just searched You Tube for a “PIMP SLAP” and found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=halHz-xlVtc[/quote]
:ponder:

Maybe I’ll Jay Lee some sense into them then.

[quote=“Truant”]Fark yeah. Suggest it HG!! I mean, when was the last time they went so some cool basement pizza joint in Taipei?

It’s totally private jet-able. :unamused:[/quote]

I’m not likely to get that close to them, and the reality is that if I could and put it to them and they really, really, wanted to go, I for one wouldn’t get a visa in time and more than likely nor would they.

Telling, innit.

HG

Might I suggest once again NAME TAGS? Noobs are not the only ones who walk by people they “know” online.

How late do these things usually go?
I get out of class at 10:30, but I can zip by if it’s still going on.

[quote=“Sinister Tiddlywinks”]How late do these things usually go?
I get out of class at 10:30, but I can zip by if it’s still going on.[/quote]
With the Rockstar final on l, it might be about then when I arrive…

Vanessa and I usually turn up at these events about 10:30 as well. Newbies are more than welcome to attend! :notworthy:

I might pop along for the first time. :rainbow:

yeah name tags would be a must,i’m trying to get a t-shirt done but it might be tight schedule,never mind the fit…