Forumosa Happy Hour at Carnegie's, January 14!

January’s Forumosa Happy Hour is at Carnegie’s (100 Anhe Road, Section 2, Taipei). :slight_smile:

As always, standard drinks and bottled beers are cheap, cheap, cheap - only $100NT!

There might not be a February Happy Hour because of CNY, so make sure you come out to this one!

We’ll be starting things off at 8:00 pm! Come on out for a great evening! :sunglasses:

PS Vanessa is hoping that more Forumosan guys bring their spouses/SOs! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :fume: When you going hold them on Tuesday so I can participate?

Will there be cute babies? Cute babies attract Forumosan spouses. :wink:

I’m sorry to disappoint you lot, but I’m definitely going to make it this time. Going to have to sound “reveille” first to wake The Chief up out of his self-imposed catharsis.

I’ve never been to a happy hour before. It sounds like fun!

Vanessa will bring Isabel, weather-permitting. (Isn’t it nice that venues are, for the most part, non-smoking now? It makes life so much easier!

Vanessa will bring Isabel, weather-permitting. (Isn’t it nice that venues are, for the most part, non-smoking now? It makes life so much easier![/quote]

Yes, so much easier when deciding to bring your child to a bar?

Sounds good though, I love carnegies but its too pricy on most nights.

Fat chance getting ‘good girls’ to come out to a pub! Taiwan people don’t see the pub as the cornerstone of a community…
there’s a far better chance to get expat forumosa chix like me out for a drink, methinks!
ps: a suggestion: FB outreach?

I brought a good girl with me last time.

That said, if it was not because she is one of my wife’s friends and her mother is our son’s nanny, fat chance she would ever have set foot in the place.

I do that pretty much every Happy Hour - twitter, too. I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Will get to it today.

[quote=“yaoshema”]…there’s a far better chance to get expat forumosa chix like me out for a drink, methinks![/quote] Careful, now. Last time I used that word, the whole thread broke into iambic pentameter for days. Most humiliating, as I was not quick-witted enough to reel off some original verse meself.
I may make it to this one, and I am a very good girl.

Vanessa will bring Isabel, weather-permitting. (Isn’t it nice that venues are, for the most part, non-smoking now? It makes life so much easier![/quote]

Avoiding my question?

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]

Avoiding my question?[/quote]
Belgian Pie, you won’t be attending? I’m MORTIFIED! :frowning:

It’s been my experience that Happy Hours don’t work well on Tuesdays. It’s been done before. Mondays and Tuesdays people aren’t really into going out. That’s why many restaurants aren’t open on these days, especially Mondays. On Fridays and Saturdays, places get a little too busy, and pubs feel less enthusiastic about giving us discounts.

That being said, I’ll make sure to have a Tuesday Happy Hour within the next six months. How’s that? :sunglasses:

HH sounds like fun but I work on Thursday evenings as well. I do understand why thats the best night for most people though. So what time do people ususally leave one of these get togethers?

I rarely leave before midnight, and I’m never the last one to go. There are almost always a handful of people that stick around even later than me!

Thank you for the invitation. I regret that I will not be able to attend as I do not arrive until 18th. I trust that you will all enjoy yourselves.

You got an invitation? Wow - I never get invitations to anything. I just kind of invite myself.
I don’t even bring anything - just a couple of bananas.

Come to the March one, then. See ya then!

You got an invitation? Wow - I never get invitations to anything. I just kind of invite myself.
I don’t even bring anything - just a couple of bananas.

Come to the March one, then. See ya then![/quote]

so is it wrong to invite ourselves? :astonished:

hummm … now … define ‘good girls’?