Forumosa Happy Hour at Carnegie's, Thurs. April 12 at 7:30

Forumosa’s April Happy Hour, in conjunction with the Canadian Society, will be held at Carnegie’s, from 7:30 til late. As always, Taipei Bob has promised Forumosans $100 drinks all night long! :yay:

Carnegie’s is located at 100 Anhe Road, Section 2, Taipei, Taiwan :sunglasses:

Can I come? What would happen if Toe Save came to a happy hour?

I seem to remember theposter asking the same question.

You’ll be gutted like a fish. It’ll be fun.

I seem to remember theposter asking the same question.[/quote]

Exactly. It’s called “repitition of series” or “the snowball effect”. In comedy, things are funny in 3s. I am setting up some other funster for a whopper of a gag next month. :sunglasses:

Sandman, I guess I should have some guts then. One request: Can Tash do the gutting?

I’m thinking of going…

Do I come alone, or should I bring back-up (like my husband or my sister-in law). What if nobody wants to speak to me. Do I just drink and eat by myself. Leave early?

I’m nervous

You gotta talk to people. You know what maoman and me look like, at least. But we don’t know what you look like, so you should just come up and say hello. We seldom bite and you don’t actually have to suffer our company – we’ll introduce you to some more normal people so you can easily escape.

[quote=“tinster”]I’m thinking of going…

Do I come alone, or should I bring back-up (like my husband or my sister-in law). What if nobody wants to speak to me. Do I just drink and eat by myself. Leave early?

I’m nervous[/quote]

Yeah, more girls! I’l probly be there. PM me if you like, I’ll meet up with you and show you around. (I’m quite nice in real life.)

I suppose I’m about the most normal you can get in Taiwan …

Well, the Canadian Society likes us so much (and we them) that for this Happy Hour, we’ve decided to do our wining and dining together once again! Forumosans who are also Canadian will feel doubly welcome! :canada: :thumbsup:

Yes The Canadian Society loves Forumosa and we look forward to joining the crew at Carnegies!!

You could pretend to be a Canuckistani, and then nobody would mind.

It’s easy, you just have to say ‘eh’ a lot and talk about recreational herbage incessantly. Even someone from Thespia should be able to dumb it down enough to fool a casual observer. It’s not necessary to get the flag tattooed on your bum as Bob will be applying temporary stickers free of charge at the door.

Hmmm… so those of us not Canadian will feel only half as welcomed… :eh:

Hmmm… so those of us not Canadian will feel only half as welcomed… :eh:[/quote]

Ask Bob for a bumsticker. Then you’ll feel welcomed!

Hmmm… so those of us not Canadian will feel only half as welcomed… :eh:[/quote]

Or hang out with the Canadians who are not forumosans.

What will happen to any random passer-by who happens to be ‘out and about’* and wanders in unaware that you have to be a forumosan or a Canadian to be even half-welcome? Will he get an honorary humorous name to be known by for the evening, or have to tell jokes about moose in order to be allowed in?

*That’s a joke, btw.

I’ll already be in Taipei finishing up a Trade show…sweeeeet :slight_smile:

Not a defnitely maybe, but a definitely definite.

I think my last one was November or something, so I’m well overdue… :beer:

My absolutely favorite HH venue! :bouncy:

And not even the prospect of a Canadian invasion is enough to stop me from coming :smiley:

Dear friends, fans and foes. This HH might be one of the last chances to see many of you, so I hope you’ll make it in droves. (if not, there’ll be some kind of a farewell party in May)

Don’t bring me any gifts, please. My bags will be overloaded as it is, so please send those at your own expense directly to Croatia.

And if you were thinking “good riddance!” or “my god, is everyone leaving?!”, there’s more…

Edgar Allan would have been the belle of the ball, I’m sure, but he’s leaving today, so all we can do is get drunk, play with eyeliners and kiss men in his honor.

Speaking of Forumosa hunks, another one might be leaving soon, too: Tyc00n. Yes, ladies, that’s your cue for the waterworks.
But here’s the thing… he says his mommy won’t let him go out on a school night. Aww! That would be a shame, wouldn’t it. So let’s send his mom a bunch of PMs and ask her “Please, please, please, Mrs. T, let little T come out and play!” And make that cute face while you’re doing it, ok?
(Btw, Mrs. T has the same PM inbox as her son, funnily enough.)

Anyone else?

I always show up to these things. I’m just not cool.

Can I just add to the girls, Please come! Don’t feel shy if it’s your first time. It doesn’t hurt. I didn’t want to do it at first, but now I do it whenever I have the chance. I try not to if there are children or Canadians present, but this is a special occasion. (DOOOON"T GOOOO! ELAIIIIINE!)

(BTW, if you aren’t anything to do with f.com and some ‘happy’ girl called Buttercup comes and bothers you while you are going about your lawful business, please excuse her. She has no social skills and is probably drunk.)

Buttercup, you div! If they are nothing to do with F.com they won’t have read this will they? I suggest you get this printe don a T-shirt or write it on a sticker or something…ok?

Hope you all have fun without me, maybe I’ll wear some eyeliner in your honour. :laughing: