Forumosa Happy Hour Poll

So we go to some less popular places.[/quote]

“Rent-a-crowd”

I like moves toward maximum inclusiveness. I think that means having social events fall on different days of the week (not just Thursdays), as well as different parts of town (not just the Shida area). But it also means not just smoky bars.

Does anyone know how many Forumosans live in various cities? Has a poll been done? If we can get a count by city, maybe the Tainan group (etc.) could set up their own happy hour. And maybe we could do a weekend trip down south some time, like to Kending, and meet fellow Forumosans from other cities.

Also, how many are non-smokers? How many would like a kid-friendly venue like a restaurant, or a pet-friendly venue like a picnic? Polls might be useful, e.g.,

Choose one:
I’m a smoker, and would only attend happy hour in a bar where smoking is allowed.
I’m a smoker, but would be willing to attend a happy hour in a smoke-free venue.
I’m a non-smoker, but willing to go to a smoking bar.
I’m a non-smoker, and would attend happy hour only in a smoke-free venue.

Choose one:
I’d prefer keeping happy hours at bars, without kids and/or pets.
I’d prefer happy hours in kid-friendlier venues like restaurants.
I’d prefer having the social hour moved to a pet-friendly venue like a park picnic.

(Just ideas. Your thoughts?)

“Somebody mentioned getting a boom box, a couple of guitars, a pair of bongos, a dozen cases of beer and setting up under the stars somewhere on a SATURDAY night.”

That’s a SUPERB idea. Let’s watch the weather, and when we get a good forecast, set one of these up!

I don’t see anything wrong with there being a decent crowd, means I get to stay anonymous… :sunglasses:

I like moves toward maximum inclusiveness. I think that means having social events fall on different days of the week (not just Thursdays), as well as different parts of town (not just the Shi-Da area). But it also means not just smoky bars.

Does anyone know how many Forumosans live in various cities? Has a poll been done? If we can get a count by city, maybe the Tainan group (etc.) could set up their own happy hour. And maybe we could do a weekend trip down south some time, like to Kending, and meet fellow Forumosans from other cities.

Also, how many are non-smokers? How many would like a kid-friendly venue like a restaurant, or a pet-friendly venue like a picnic? Polls might be useful, e.g.,

Choose one:
I’m a smoker, and would only attend happy hour in a bar where smoking is allowed.
I’m a smoker, but would be willing to attend a happy hour in a smoke-free venue.
I’m a non-smoker, but willing to go to a smoking bar.
I’m a non-smoker, and would attend happy hour only in a smoke-free venue.

Choose one:
I’d prefer keeping happy hours at bars, without kids and/or pets.
I’d prefer happy hours in kid-friendlier venues like restaurants.
I’d prefer having the social hour moved to a pet-friendly venue like a park picnic.

(Just ideas. Your thoughts?)

“Somebody mentioned getting a boom box, a couple of guitars, a pair of bongos, a dozen cases of beer and setting up under the stars somewhere on a SATURDAY night.”

That’s a SUPERB idea. Let’s watch the weather, and when we get a good forecast, set one of these up![/quote]

All great ideas. Also I think if we can organise a get together (happy hour) for Satrudays more people may be likely to pitch. Even from other cities and areas.

Much agreed. Could we consider a HH every so often that would be on a Friday or Sat?

If happy hours are always on Tuesdays, then I won’t be able to go to another. I work til 10pm on Tuesdays now (in Yangminshan) and then have a very full schedule on Wed. It used to be that happy hours rotated between Wed & Thurs nights. Now they are always on Tuesday. What a drag!

I agree with Erhu… can’t we go back to the old system? Having it on a wednesday used to be a treat after a really long day at work… Personally,having it on Tuesday kind of sucks because I have Tuesdays off.

It can’t only be me, Erhu, Sandman and Namahottie who would prefer a different night

What she said. Except it’s 11, but not in Yangmingshan. Anyway, at least when it was alternate Wed. & Thurs. I could go to every other one. Now I can’t go to ANY! Major suckiness. I think it was done on purpose.

What she said. Except it’s 11, but not in Yangmingshan. Anyway, at least when it was alternate Wed. & Thurs. I could go to every other one. Now I can’t go to ANY! Major suckiness. I think it was done on purpose.[/quote]
Do you want me to make a phone call? As it is music at the highest level, was esp. counting on your input!

but seriously peeps, yoiu cant have a happy hour on a tuesday. It is like having the last call at 3 pm, it just aint right.

thurs or fri is where it is at.

Saturday.

I believe the main problem with Friday or Saturday night HH is finding a venue that will accomodate this many people.

If you find venues that we can build a schedule on, then so be it. Post here or PM places that would like to have a Forumosa HH on Fridays and Saturdays, and I’ll talk to them about scheduling something. Cool?

I don’t care so much about Friday or Saturday night – like many others, I have a “weekend life” that doesn’t include F.com, but I do wish we could go back to alternate nights – I don’t think that’s asking too much and it seemed to work in the past. One in two is better than none at all.
Sorry Tavern Chappie, I don’t think your phone call will do much good. Been wanting to see what you’ve done with the old place, too. :frowning:

Er, is Douglas Habecker a member of Forumosa? He might have one or two objections to a bunch of strangers appearing to booze it up at his house!
[/quote]

I’d crash one on a Friday at Mr Habeckers place…might as well put some fun into it Taiwan.

Chou