Forumosa Iron Chef

Forumosa Iron Chef Cook-off

• Good idea. I will cook.
  • Good idea. I will not cook.
  • Bad idea.

0 voters

This forum is one of the best. I can make really good instant noodles, tops. I’m a hopeless cause. But you guys inspire me! :notworthy: You inspire me to find a mate who can cook for me for the rest of my life.

We got sandman, Tigerman, elektronisk, highwave, and a few others who really seem to know what they’re doing (Richardm sometimes).

I think a cook off is in order. I will volunteer my time to judge. Hard work, but someone’s gotta do it.

If we have access to a kitchen everyone could participate. If not, then we could just hold a potluck and all the chefs bring their creations for judging.

Whaddaya think?

I’m up for it, so long as the cooks get regularly kissed by people other than Loretta.

Some kind of potluck would probably be easiest to arrange, though – maybe even outdoors. Wait a minute, that would be a picnic. OK, a picnic. A big picnic. BIG. With wicker hampers and proper wine glasses and crockery and stuff. All the men would have to wear stripey blazers, white ducks and straw boaters and the women would have to wear flouncy summer frocks and hats. Not seargent forage caps, 914. Real HAT hats.

Seriously though, it’s a great idea. We did one a few years back with Alien and some other people and it was a lot of fun.

I could bring brownies… :howyoudoin:

[quote=“sandman”]…All the men would have to wear stripey blazers, white ducks and straw boaters and the women would have to wear flouncy summer frocks and hats. Not seargent forage caps, 914. Real HAT hats…
[/quote]
I think doing it old school is a fantastic idea! A theme cook-off/picnic/potluck, what have you.

Now, is THIS a real hat?

[quote=“914”][quote=“sandman”]…All the men would have to wear stripey blazers, white ducks and straw boaters and the women would have to wear flouncy summer frocks and hats. Not seargent forage caps, 914. Real HAT hats…
[/quote]
I think doing it old school is a fantastic idea! A theme cook-off/picnic/potluck, what have you.

Now, is THIS a real hat?
[/quote]
Girl, that’s exactly what I’m talkin’ about! And your flouncy white skirt, too – perfect! :laughing:

[quote=“914”]I think a cook off is in order. I will volunteer my time to judge. Hard work, but someone’s gotta do it.[/quote]Good idea, sounds great!

I won’t enter though. I do my best cooking at odd, unplanned times of day, using whatever ingredients I happen to have. Under any kind of pressure I – and my culinary creations – collapse.

I think it’s GREAT IDEA!

I can’t cook, but I can help eat!

I agree with Sandman that the chefs should get some incentive :wink:

A picnic sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Can Loretta host us on a yacht?

I can’t cook but I can bring wine. Or I’ll make Sangria.

Incentive? Good company?

Pimms. darling, Pimms.

A yacht is not a good idea for even a medium-sized event. A dozen people would be too many for comfort, plus it means getting everyone to Jilong with their creations.

Why not down by the river somewhere in Taipei?

A 40-footer is too small for what we’d need, but a nice idea nonetheless.

But the riverside somewhere might be nice.
Right. Let’s set this up for early autumn once the weather has cooled a bit.

914, you’re in charge. :wink:

[quote=“sandman”]A 40-footer is too small for what we’d need, but a nice idea nonetheless.

But the riverside somewhere might be nice.
Right. Let’s set this up for early autumn once the weather has cooled a bit.

914, you’re in charge. :wink:[/quote]

That dingy would look like half of an erection with me sitting on the back end of it.

I’m up for it as long as it involves Soul Food or Japanese food:wink: LOL. And would be willing to host at my house!!

Yes! Japanese food! I’ll fry up some sushi.