Forumosa Oct. Happy Hour at the Post Home, Friday the 13th!

Bus 220 天母 - 衡陽路 should take you there. Here’s the map. I think you can just catch it outside Taipei Main Station or on ZhongShan Rd.

Here are the nearby bus stops with links to which lines stop there and an area map:

MRT Zhishan Stop: Fuguo Rd. Westbound / Fuguo Rd. Eastbound / Wenlin Rd. Southbound / Wenlin Rd. Northbound

Zhongcheng Park Stop: Zhongcheng Rd. Southbound / Zhongcheng Rd. Northbound / Zhongshan Rd. Northbound

Have been driving down that alley everytime I go to Tienmou for nearly two decades, and I’ve never even seen the place, let alone been inside.

Where might you recommend I park the MJB bohemoth?

I’ll have Ma-ke’s family with me, so all donations can be made directly to them.

Look forward to seeing all of you there.

mjb, drive past the place on chung shan N rd for about a block and do a U-turn. Park on the right shoulder. That’s my plan.

[quote=“MJB”]Where might you recommend I park the MJB bohemoth?

I’ll have Ma-ke’s family with me, so all donations can be made directly to them.

Look forward to seeing all of you there.[/quote]

MJB, if you are coming north along ZhongShan North Road, then as you go over the bridge into section 5, there is a set of lights at the end of the bridge. Turn left at these lights and immadiately park the car on the right hand side, there is valet parking for NT$100. They will take the keys and ask you where you will be, around 10pm they will come and return the keys etc.

Good news for Blues fans - I’ve been told that the Post Home has gotten a blues duo for the Happy Hour. They’ll be on from 8:15 to 9:45 tonight. Nothing too loud, just good music to socialize by… :sunglasses:

Sounds like a great HH is instore tonight. Unfortunately, for one of the very few times in over 2 years, I won’t be able to make it tonight :frowning:

You guys enjoy it!! :beer: (The HH that is, not my absence :s )

Hi guys. I seem to have lost something during the happy hour. If anyone finds my sobriety, please help return it to me ASAP. Thanks!

Just got home…

Want to say thanks so much for the support and donations provided by everyone tonight, testament to the power and tight-knitedness of the forumosan community. As Maoman so aptly put, this could be any one of us, and it’s nice to know with family far away this support group is there in spades to take care of it’s own.

You guys are amazing… :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Also reaffirmed that as a public speaker I suck canal water. :blush:

Thanks again everyone,

MJB

Thanks for being friendly Forumosans. Thanks for the ride and laughs Lupillus.
Attention lurkers and newbies: I was once like you, but those 'mosans are even friendlier in person then they are online so you might as well dig in, get wet, and say hi. I’m glad I did. See y’all at future HH’s.

I’m still working on the secret handshake. It’s harder than learning Chinese.

My phillycheesesteak sandwich took 45 minutes to make and I had to eat it on the run, but I did make it back to my apartment in time before the blackout. I happened to have hailed a crazy F1 racing taxi driver from hell.
Thanks for all the “encouragement” people! and a special thanks to Mrs.Maoman for her donation to kello’s shoe-fetish fund.

That was a good time.

List of characters including but not limited to:

josefus
igorveni
lilupus
MTK
BFM
imaniou
chris
wookie
sinister tiddlywinks
edgar allen, who took pics
mjb, mjb’s wife, mjb’s girlie
mama maka and sister of mark (and may I say WOW!) :smiley:
maoman and fuzzy
stray dog
taffy
fox and the guy from kaosiung
jaboney and “pixie” :wink:
and the long awaited public sighting of the poster formely known as

CHEWYCORNS! woot :smiling_imp:

Good time at the Post Home, and may I also say Gus did a fargin STELLAR job on the ads for this happy Hour. I’d buy a t-shirt with that on it. :bravo:

[quote=“MJB”]Just got home…

Want to say thanks so much for the support and donations provided by everyone tonight, testament to the power and tight-knitedness of the forumosan community. As Maoman so aptly put, this could be any one of us, and it’s nice to know with family far away this support group is there in spades to take care of it’s own.

You guys are amazing… :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Also reaffirmed that as a public speaker I suck canal water. :blush:

Thanks again everyone,

MJB[/quote]

Great to meet your wife & kid, MJB - you have a wonderful family!

[quote=“Maoman”]… Nothing too loud, just good music to socialize by… :sunglasses:[/quote]It was way way too loud to the point of being physically painful, socializing was completely out of the question. It was so bad I had to leave. And the food “specials” were the entire menu, I’ve never been to happy hour where there was no food.

I’ve also never had the need to complain about a happy hour before.

Nice HH, glad to meet new people and see old friends!

Yes. Many of us went outside because we couldn’t hear each other inside.

I was also surprised that there was no other choice.

Where did kellohitty get cheesesteak?? :lick:

I knew from past experience to eat before going. The ‘Mexican plate’ is baaaaad. I can eat leftovers in a tortilla at home. They say that if you order anything else it will take 45 minutes, but it takes that amount of time to get the ‘special’ anyway.

Wierd service. Why don’t they up the prices and hire enough waitresses and cooks?

Music too loud; sat outside for a while, said hello to a few people, went home at half nine.

It was nice to meet some new people, and see some of the people I met last time. I just hate that bar. Maybe next time, guys. :rainbow:

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Maoman”]… Nothing too loud, just good music to socialize by… :sunglasses:[/quote]It was way way too loud to the point of being physically painful, socializing was completely out of the question. It was so bad I had to leave. And the food “specials” were the entire menu, I’ve never been to happy hour where there was no food.

I’ve also never had the need to complain about a happy hour before.[/quote]
Fortunately, I got there after the music - I heard that it chased everyone outside to the patio! :laughing: In the future, I think I’ll just nix any proposed music, unless it’s Yo-yo Ma or Shakira or something like that. :slight_smile:

Yeah, the offered menus were a little redundant - we asked for the menu, and it listed only the two specials which were written on the chalkboard on the wall. We then asked for the “real” menu and got it, but the waitress made such a hash of our orders (getting it wrong the first time, and then running out of the item the second time) that it was an hour and 21 minutes before my wife (7 months pregnant and ravenous) got her birthday dinner. :doh: The burger she eventually got was fine, but I doubt I’ll ever be able to convince her to return.

Apart from that, I enjoyed talking to a lot of people that I don’t often get to talk to. Food issues aside, Vanessa and I both had a good time. :rainbow:

I must say that the laoban was very gracious, bringing a table out to the patio for us to sit at. I had a very good time despite the eardrum-shattering music and the poor choice of food.

I tried to get my 80NT beer, but then was told it was 140NT because I missed the happy hour time (I don’t remember seeing that in the small print.) Then I got a 220NT draft. :frowning:

I don’t mind paying too much for beer (that’s what bars are for,) but I do mind paying to much for beer when I go to a place thinking it’ll be one price and it turns out it’s another. I bothered me enough to bugger off to my usual Friday night location.

Other than that is was good. It was nice meeting Wookie, seeing a Fox and having Chewy Corns. I was going to be on a mission to take a picture with every Forumosan there (that would be up for it) but my camera ran out of juice and I forgot to bring the spare. :doh:

Oh, and kellohitty I meant to tell you I figured out it was you that called that day, even though I was dazed and confused at first. I’ll tell you next time.