Forumosa slowing down again?

Is it just me or has Forumosa been pretty slow since this afternoon?

Yep, it’s super-slow for me, now I’m on my home computer. It was fine at work, though. Just assumed it was my rubbish internet connection.

It was fine earlier today, then it suddenly became sluggish late this afternoon while I was at work. It’s still sluggish now, and I’m at home.

Very slow.

Come to think of it, the slowness started about the same time I mysteriously had to re-login, when normally I have it set to auomatically login to this site.

sssssslllllooooowwww

I wonder if it’s due to the March 28th spambots ? Funny things like the “last post in forum feature” (or whatever it was) and the ad server have slowed us down before.

Veeeeery slow. Seems to be waiting for google analytics.

Yes, very slow. Excuse me, WHERE’S MY BLOODY GIN AND TONIC YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING BOOZE WALLAH!
Sorry, where was I? Yes, forumosa is almost as slow as my drinks coolie.

To add some some amateurish first-hand numbers to the feedback, here, my recent (completely unscientific) experiments just now have given me an average “click-to-finish” time of over thirty (30) seconds per click on links in Forumosa. (It just took me over 45 seconds to get from the main page to the feedback forum to make this post.)

For what it’s worth, I am on a relatively fast internet connection. For reference, I’d estimate that it usually takes me closer to 3-5 seconds to get from the main page to a particular forum. So in my case it looks to be a slowdown of almost 10 times the normal speed. My download times when linking to other websites right now are normal.

ping forumosa server …

Is it slow? It seems fine to me

It’s been slow for me the past few days (including today).

ssssss
llllllllllllllllllll
ooooooo

ooo

oooo

o

[server timeout]

It’s been off and on for the past few days. Some times it is pretty snappy (like right now), sometimes it is noticeably slow but usable (5-10s per page), and sometimes painfully slow (30-45s per page). I’ve tried pinging the server during the slow times and there’s no packet loss or unusually large round trip time, which would indicate that server load is the problem.

It’s been very, very slow for me. As I’ve been very busy clicking around on the Forumosans Quiz No. 2 thread, it’s been rather maddening at times.

Control that fiery British temper, will you?

It’s been alright for me today. A litte sluggish perhaps but nothing like the big slowdowns of the past.

Righty ho, then. But gosh, it has been crikily bothersome - the deuce, it has!

For those of you, like me, who can’t make heads or tails of British English, please reference this handy phrasebook:

effingpot.com/slang.shtml