Forumosa Users FAQ

I’d like to create a Forumosa users FAQ. We have an FAQ already at the top right of the board, but that’s more related to the software than to actual site usage. I’m limiting the FAQ to the top twenty questions or so - too many questions will make the FAQ unworkable.

What questions are people likely to ask? I know one that is often asked is how to post images. What else?

(Oh, and I know that there is a wealth of funny questions that could be posed, but please don’t. I’d like to keep this serious so that I can get it done fast and efficiently. Thanks for your cooperation. :bow: )

Maybe a list of commonly used abbreviations would be helpful for reference. For example, IRL, BTW, IIRC, etc. I know I occasionally see these that I’m not familiar with.

URSAGBWH

Hey, I kind of suggested this a while back, how about a quick listing, maybe in a table, of the actual names of the different visa types with a short explanation, so nobody wastes their own and others’ looking for info on Marriage Visa, Spousal Visa, Work Visa, etc.

How to use the quote function multiple times. i.e for the first post we click on quote but if there are other posts we want to quote we can scroll go down and click on them too.

People seem to struggle with the “search” function. Perhaps an FAQ on how to use it correctly.

And there’s always someone asking about how to “ignore” somebody.

Something about “recommendations”, too. That’s got quite a few flummoxed.

Of course, it’s in the rules, but definitely something about “report post”.

How do you add a signature, an avatar, a photo?
Can I use other smilies?
Why can’t I edit my post?
Why was my post deleted/moved?
What is the best way to search for something?
What can I sell on Forumosa?
Why is there a Women’s Forum and not a Men’s Forum?
What does recognized mean?
What does it take to be a mod?
Why is the chief the chief when he’s not even a mod?
Can I (safely) ignore the chief?

How can I post faster than jimi?

How to post links or videos.
How to join the women’s forum.
How to pm just the women’s forum mod and not every member of the women’s forum (happens every time).

I can’t add much more - maoman’s original suggestion (about posting pics is) in an important one, but perhaps add something about posting youtube videos as although it is a reasonably easy thing to do (even JP can do it), many still mess it up. I liked JP and zender’s suggestions, but must inform zender that the chief IS now a mod.

If by this FAQ you’re looking for ways to strip repetitive and unproductive tasks from your mods efforts, then you might begin with a short introduction to forumosa.com (a mission statement, if you will). In that intro you could provide a link to the WCIF forum. Such a link might help the mods a lot. It could also prevent some rudeness directed to new posters, and ease their introduction to posting here. A win-win, etc.

You can do that? Damn! I’ve been pasting all these years! :astonished:

You can do that? Damn! I’ve been pasting all these years! :astonished:[/quote]
Yes the ones on the same page
like this

and this

[quote=“zender”]How do you add a signature, an avatar, a photo?
Can I use other smilies?
Why can’t I edit my post?
Why was my post deleted/moved?
What is the best way to search for something?
What can I sell on Forumosa?
Why is there a Women’s Forum and not a Men’s Forum?
What does recognized mean?
What does it take to be a mod?
Why is the chief the chief when he’s not even a mod?
Can I (safely) ignore the chief?

How can I post faster than jimi?[/quote]

if you scroll down you’ll get those posts with the active quote function.