Forumosa visiting artists airport welcoming committee

judging from a lot of unfortunate experiences at CKS, i think we should start an artist welcoming committtee (darn i can’t spell). we could get some kind of special pass and meet them when they come in. even accompany them along with the “music” industry people. i think if elton john had met the great folks here on forumosa first ,i.e " elton it’s gonna be rough when you walk out the door. just ignore those clowns" he wouldn’t have taken it so badly and lost his cool in public. maybe this committee could be on rotation or whatever.

Good idea, especially since Maroon5 are coming in August, I really want to be on the committee. :sunglasses:

thanks for that snippet.

Ran, I’d be keen on that- if it is possible of course.

Shot-gun sales on the autographs! :rainbow:

I’m with you on this -pretty obvious that local promoters don’t do much toward that end.

I want in on this groupie love thang.

Err…that’s what we’re talking about, right?

Won’t it be like “Who the **** are you ? where are the ****ing photographers ? I want to be in the paper. Oi ! Mr photographer, you’re a ****ing ****, **** you and your ****ing country”

they might be totally oblivious to us or they might be very appreciative. how could we go about getting this started?

You can practice on me; I fly out and return on the 12th. Will post flight details shortly.

DON’T alert the media!

I’d like it very much indeed if you and your friends could come out to Chiang Kai-shek next time I’m due in and PRETEND I’m a famous musician. You could even mob me – I wouldn’t care. If you have any lady friends they could throw their panties at me. That would be great.

Im in …I’ll be on the poster committee!!!

I can scream and cry like a Japanese schoolgirl and yell out “TOMMU KURUZU!” really well.

That’s what the committee needs, no?

[quote=“914”]I can scream and cry like a Japanese schoolgirl and yell out “TOMMU KURUZU!” really well.

That’s what the committee needs, no?[/quote]
you make all the noise you want fella.

Considering the past experiences of some artists I think that it’s a great idea. So how do we get it started, does anyone know anyone in the music world?

P.S. I’ll be the semi-silent swooner

To simulate this just get a posse together and walk through Narita carrying a guitar. Best during school holidays.