Forumosa vs. Taiwaneasy, Forumosa then vs. now

Can’t recall ever seeing one. There may be a sarcasm badge though.

1 Like

Possibly. But I’m not sure which one of us deserves it. Er, “deserves” may be the wrong word.

EDIT: Damn, that clip is from the seventh season?! (“Homerpalooza”) I thought it was way later than that.

1 Like

Sarcasm is an art form! An art? A sign of depression? Desperation?

Not like this. There’s poking, and then there’s out-and-out personal attacks.

TG gets it.

3 Likes

I get that the main aim of Taiwaneasy is totally different, forums aren’t their core driver. But now with this site easily getting >1,000 posts per day and that one around 1 per day (or slightly more), what’s the point? I mean, the forums over on the other site could have been kept more limited in scope and focused on the true aims of that site. Like how a camera review website will have its own forums but wouldn’t have a politics or religion section (for example).

Um, we got it once…

…the main aim was exactly the same, it was a mirror site, same format, same mods.

Same posters. Same posts. Maybe a little more civilized.

Whoa whoa whoa, let’s not celebrate too early. We’ve only hit that milestone once. And mostly because all those poll threads were a buzz.

2 Likes

Why is this still being discussed?

At this point it’s like arguing between VHS and Beta-Max. Or Classic Coke and New Coke. One clearly won out and it wasn’t Taiwanease.

Our only competitor is the Taiwan reddit subgroup and only obnoxious twenty-somethings post there anyway.

Ok, fair enough. Hundreds of posts a day, which is lots more than the other site.

I don’t!

If just a mirror site, why bother in the first place? Clearly not a mirror site anymore.

You only meet one of those criteria. :wink:

1 Like

If you look at their posts, I wouldn’t really consider them a “competitor” per se. Just went through their top posts this morning and it doesn’t seem like they even discuss the same things. Though, I do try to avoid the political forums here and that seems to be much of what’s over there.

I will say that this definitely feels more like a “community” than it does over there. I use Reddit a lot, but not that subreddit.

2 Likes

Thank you for the flattering answer.:sunglasses:

1 Like

You’d have to ask MM that. He thought he could do a better job on his own, or maybe generate revenue.

Didn’t happen. Never mind.

1 Like

Gain is on Reddit Taiwan as well bringing his own brand of sunshine and light (I occasionally post with another username there ) would you not want to hang with him at both forums?

Double your Gain!

3 Likes

BTW the move to discourse was eventually a game changer for this site. Well done !

5 Likes

Yes, once they got rid of that horrible white background.

1 Like