Forumosa vs. Taiwaneasy, Forumosa then vs. now

That wasn’t it at all. Christine Hsu, Gus’s partner was the one who left first, she took the name with her, since she had thought of it. The website that was known as Oriented continued on as Segue. It wasn’t until months later (Maybe a year?) that Oriented re-emerged as a networking site. No users “switched” from one site to the other, as there was nothing to “switch” to.

1 Like

“Orientated” or “Oriented”?

1 Like

Yes, that’s how I remembered it. Oriented became known for organizing happy hours but only (or at least mostly) Chinese-Americans attended. And then it flopped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juIKqwy9beg

Oh lordy Jeeziss, that was horrifying, I broke out in a rash 2 minutes in…I need to go lie down

1 Like

Serious Yuppie-palooza. I reflexively reached up to loosen my tie. :open_mouth:

I somehow recalled that they had a much harder agenda catering to specifically ABC-type grotesque Yuppie filth, there seemed to be a fair number of Caucasoid-style grotesque Yuppie filth in that video

oh no… not CAPT. i had completely banished that from memory until clicking on that Oriented video (what’s up with that girl Diane’s lips…ewww)
thanks very little

How long ago was this?

Not long enough.

1 Like

I’m in luv with Dyanne Liu…

…she looks like she’s ready to roll :star_struck:

1 Like

She looks like there was an accident and they replaced her mouth with some kind of sea creature…

1 Like

anemone?

Well she’s no friend, I can tell you that…

2 Likes

CAPT was early 90s. then Oriented got started up.
I only had heard of CAPT from ABCers/CBCers who went to those networking get-togethers. Then would meet some other CAPT people at various clubs back then.

31 posts were split to a new topic: Abc? cbc? tbc??

You available for my friend’s son’s bar mitvah? Doesn’t pay much but open bar and the hor d’oeuvres should be off the hook.

Jeezus…Don’t be so ‘hard on’ the lady :laughing:

Years and years ago…It didn’t date too well.

Has Taiwanease/easy been done for a few weeks now?

Not at all. Still hitting 1.5 posts a day.