Forumosa WebCalendar

There is something strange going on with this. When I’m logged in as an admin, all the event times and dates show up no problem either am or pm. When I log out and click on “access public calendar,” then most of the times show up as am and the dates are even wrong.

For example, I’m trying to enter June 25, Saturday 2-4 PM Dharma Talk: How to meditate in busy life…

As an admin I see everything properly…

When I log off as admin, it shows up as June 26, Sunday 2-4 AM.

What’s going on with the clock? It doesn’t pick up on the am/pm, I even tried the 24 hour clock.

I never have problems entering events, but it seems like everyone else does. It’s either user error, or there’s something wrong with the calendar, but I’m not sure which. Could be some kind of combination of both.

I never actually finished working on the calendar, it’s still kind of beta. Feel free to PM/email any incorrect dates and I’ll fix’m. I’ll take a look at things in the morn.

I’ve always had the same trouble that 914 had entering times. When I’m logged in as an admin, it looks fine, but when I’m not logged in, it’s in the AM. Maybe the public clock setting is set to server time?

Time Zone.

Yes, exactly - I meant that the time zone setting for the public calendar maybe set for Server time or GMT.

Can we change this to GMT+8?

Yes, exactly - I meant that the time zone setting for the public calendar maybe set for Server time or GMT.

Can we change this to GMT+8?[/quote]
I think so and I think this is the problem. It was one of the things I was working on but didn’t finish. I didn’t know it was causing trouble. I’ll be looking into it today.

I tried to put something in the calendar today, which it allowed me to do - try, that is. After I hit the enter button it took me back to the calendar, but without adding my entry.

Is this something to do with public vs admin access? Why not put some note up telling people what’s going on?

For ref, the event is this one (which happens to coincide with my birthday) and obviously it’s very important to forumosans.

The Daniel Pearl day for Oct 1 shows up on Sept 1.
EDIT: Just that quickly, it was fixed. Thank you.

And the BSOT Breeze Center Blues Bash is down for Sept. 13, when it should be Nov. 5.
And I wasn’t able to make my Muddy Basin announcement for this Saturday appear, but then, I’m kind of dumb.

Richardm and sandman, I’ve changed both dates.

It seems I have to change the dates of new entries everyday. When you people add new entries to the WebCalendar do you enter the correct dates and times for these events?

[quote=“914”]Richardm and sandman, I’ve changed both dates.

It seems I have to change the dates of new entries everyday. When you people add new entries to the WebCalendar do you enter the correct dates and times for these events?[/quote]
I think it’s still the same problem as it was before. I’ve figured out the problem (I think), but it mean you (and whoever else uses the calendar) will have to change some personal settings I think.

Well, I didn’t actually enter anything at all – I only discovered the calendar thingy today :blush: and that’s when I noticed the Breeze Center Blues thing. Wasn’t me who entered it.
As for our Saturday show, I typed it up but for some reason it didn’t “take.” No biggie – I’ll just bump the post in the Events Forum as Saturday draws near.

I think I’m the only one who’s approving any events right now. So what do I need to do, miltownkid?

I think that must be it – I just tried to enter my b’day (Oct. 21, for all of you wishing to buy me expensive presents) and couldn’t.

As for the MBR thing, 914, I’d be grateful if you could add it for me. Just put “Muddy Basin Ramblers show” in the title and “See Events Forum for details” in the other part – save you typing anything elaborate.
Cheers.

I’ve just picked up Admin for this also, so can keep an eye on the events in the Events forum.