Forumosa writes a better story - One sentence each

The last attempt kind of flopped but this could be fun. I find it works better to go one sentence at a time. To keep things in order, make all story sentences in preformatted text as I did below. Any non-storytellers are welcome to make their silly comments in normal text. If you see “username is replying…” kindly wait until they are done to make your own post to avoid branching. We’ll start with a classic:

It was a dark and stormy night.

There was a house where candles burned so bright

Andrew and the crandals were burning all the candles

Joffrey of Houses Baratheon and Lannister, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm, was not particularly impressed by this

So Andrew fired up his 80-million-candle-powered lighthouse and spun the spotlight on Joffrey.

Wichtig turned out to be a outstandingly bad Idea because

Well, because Joffrey of Houses Baratheon and Lannister, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm, LOVED the spotlight and began to dance his ass off!

1 Like

When suddenly he let out a gigantic burp.

but that’s not a full sentence

…a gigantic gorp

And then the Crandals and the Candles and the Andals (and Andrew) all said "I thought this was America, its America right?"

And then the candles stopped dripping wax and said "hey i didn't say that, stop miss quoting me, fool!"

Just then a drunk elephant stampeded into the Silver Moon brewery, letting out an anguished roar for more hops and suds.

Of course, when I say, “drunk elephant” I mean, “Andrew”; when I say, “Silver Moon brewery” I mean, “the spotlight”; and when I say, “more hops and suds” I mean “a snappy jig to dance to”.

1 Like

Everything was awash in suds, soup, soap, and sponges.

After filling his trunk with as much beer as he could carry, the sodden pub landlord returned to the Elephant and Castle, regretting ever having accepted the peerage.

1 Like

And that landlord missed the show of a lifetime because not only was this America, but this was America's Got Talent 2019 Joffrey Ballet vs. Andrew's High Steppers Dance Off Round 1!!!

1 Like

AND now a brief message from our sponsors:

Has the thought of slaving away for a faceless cram school got you down?

4 Likes

Anyway back to the drunk elephant... well, he sat on Andrew and the townspeople mourned, as was customary, for a decade.

The townspeople rallied and killed the drunk elephant by lacing its beer with stinky tofu that had gone bad... but the ghost of the drunk elephant swore it would get vengeance on all the townspeople’s children in twenty years.