Forumosa Yuletide Happy Hour at Songren Alleycat's, Dec. 9!

It’s Forumosa’s Christmas Happy Hour, and we’re returning to Songren Alleycat’s on Thursday, December 9th after a too-long absence.

Tigerman will be hosting this one, and he’s promised to provide us with [strike]free pizza and drinks[/strike] great music and friendly banter. Or friendly music and great banter - I forget which.

Alleycat’s is offering Forumosans FULL PINTS of Carlsberg for $100, as well as red and white wines for $100. :beer: Bring your appetite, and if you’re overwhelmed by the options, may I humbly suggest a Margherita pizza with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, goat cheese, and pepperoni. :lick: It is THE best pizza combination ever and I’ll fight any man who says otherwise.

Alleycat’s Songren is at 285 Songren Road, a stone’s throw from Taipei 101. Things will get started at around 7:30. Please feel free to bring a friend or two, and please don’t hesitate to attend, even if you don’t know anybody. Forumosans are some of the friendliest people you’re likely to meet and there are always people happy to introduce you around.

Oh, and if you need directions:
Just take Songren (next to Warner) south, well past Xinyi, and keep going until it almost dead ends in a hill. Alleycat’s will be very visible in the usual colors on the left just after you cross Wuxing St.

Is Dragonbones going to be Santa Claus? If so, I want to be an elf!

Both, of course.

Both, of course.[/quote]
Will it be a Reggae Christmas?

If you’re gonna be there, it will be!

Wrong thread, but Wookie wins the avatar contest. “el bandito”

I’ll be there - with bells on (it is a Xmas event). Alleycats plus happy happy hour is a great combination.

Then I guess it will be a Reggae Christmas.

All I wan’t for Ismas, Collie Herb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp8QKO1LZ4Y&feature=related

TG, My flat topped sombrero ain’t in country, so no “el bandito” look, I’m afraid.

I won’t be able to make this one but fi’ mi bredren Wookiee and Tigermon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6452ZwL72Y&feature=related

Looks like the chief will be making it out for this one, so all you cheese-eating cock-knockers who owe me MONEY better fucking come heeled, or it’ll be your ASS.
Fair warning.

Oh, and for the fucking Frenchies, the usual restrictions apply.

It looks like even irishstu will be making it to this one… so I will.

By the way, for those that don’t know, the number 32 bus from outside Taipei City Hall MRT Station will get you very close to Alleycats.

[quote=“irishstu”]It looks like even irishstu will be making it to this one… so I will.

By the way, for those that don’t know, the number 32 bus from outside Taipei City Hall MRT Station will get you very close to Alleycats.[/quote]

As will the 266 and the small Blue 5 shuttle.

Just don’t tell the Frenchies.

[quote=“the chief”]
Just don’t tell the Frenchies.[/quote]
Que votre flux sanguin à travers les gouttières de Montréal, et peuvent vous étouffer d’un millier de croissants!

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“the chief”]
Just don’t tell the Frenchies.[/quote]
Que votre flux sanguin à travers les gouttières de Montréal, et peuvent vous étouffer d’un millier de croissants![/quote]

Hey, Pepsi, baise-moué l’ail.

My great-great-grandfather was French, but despite that, I’m going to try and make this happy hour on Thursday night. I never realized how far out of the way this particular Alleycats is, but I hear it’s good for the brain to be challenged by looking for places. My usual commute doesn’t give me much of that, so I guess I’m going to be helping my brain by attending this happy hour–right before I kill some brain cells with the alcohol.

If anyone needs the address in Chinese:

松仁店Song Ren
02-8780-5421
台北市松仁路 285號
No.285 Song Ren Rd.,Taipei

ThreadKiller’s bringing his
[color=#008000]FANTASTIC[/color]
[color=#BF0000]
CHRISTMAS
[/color]

[color=#008000]GAMES[/color]

!

Rumble

I’ve been asked to tell Forumosans that Songren Alleycat’s doesn’t have Carlsberg on draught, so it will be $70NT a bottle and wine at $100 a glass. Sorry for any confusion! :bow:

Sorry to all, but I just don’t dare go. At the last Happy Hour, I got into a shouting match with the chief, and there was a fight, and he kicked my ass real bad. Even though later Maoman told me it wasn’t the chief at all, but an ATM machine. But you can’t be too careful.