Forumosan links game. rich12 -> belgian pie

OK, here’s a new game for y’all, which actually takes some brains and imagination. :astonished:

Take a Forumosan’s name, and somehow link it to another Forumosan. There are no real rules about how you do this, nor are there limits as to how many steps it takes (which could make this all very abstract, and amusing).

For example, I want to get from rich12 to belgian pie.
So:

Rich can be used to describe food, such as chocolate. Some of the nicest chocolate in the world comes from Belgium, and is therefore Belgian.
12 is a number, as is 3.14. 3.14 is also known as pi, which is pronounced the same as pie.

rich12 -> belgian pie

[Elvis accent]Thank you very much[/Elvis accent]

So the next person has to link belgian pie to another Forumosan.
Get it? I’ll try to keep an eye on the thread in case we run into any difficulties, and maybe add some rules here is necessary (unless some bugger temps this and I can’t edit the first post, like last time. :raspberry: )

Good luck, lovely people (and the chief).

Duh.

belgian pie>>irish stu

Does that count or is it too obvious??

[quote=“the chief”]Duh.

belgian pie>>Irish stu

Does that count or is it too obvious??[/quote]

It counts.
To be honest, some are going to be more of a challenge that others. If you find one that links easily, then good for you. Even for those, a simple explanation would be good though.

OK… IrishStu for the next one

Ok, this time I’ll try to play…
Irishstu
Irish (-I)=rish
Stu (-S)=tu/two/2 (+I/1)=12
rish12~rich12

“IrishStu (in the name of the law)” is what policemen say. Dangermouse used to be a policeman.

Nice one, BFM.
OK, “Dangermouse” it is.

What about mine, I clocked in first, mannnnnnnnn

Oh yeah… ahem sorry about that. But… erm, that would put it back to rich12. Bit soon to be going full circle, wouldn’t you say, although it was extremely intelligent the way you did that. Not that there’s a rule about repeating names… it just seems a bit soon.

How about if I give you 10 points (and a lollipop), but we go from Dangermouse (just so it’s a new username)?

Eh? Whaddaya say, pal? :wink:

OK, sound reasoning.

You always choose Big Fluffy Matthew over me.

Hehe.

Dangermouse…

A mouse hates cats, as does a dog.
The most dangerous animals are usually wild. Wild dogs living in a city are more often called stray.

Stray Dog :wink:

Well, this could go about a billion ways, but, working from the opposite end from BFM, that is parsing the name structurally,
we have danger + mouse
Unlike many UNs, this is NOT an adj+noun construction, rather it being more of a compound noun, the second item being, of course, a critter, so without busting too much of a sweat, I’ll go with
Danger>MaPo
Mouse>Squid

MaPoSquid

Oh fer feck’s sakes…
ANYONE could do Stray Dog, jeez…

Fine. Be that way.

Stray Dog>Alleycat

I assume the reasoning is self-evident.

[quote=“the chief”]Fine. Be that way.

Stray Dog>Alleycat

I assume the reasoning is self-evident.[/quote]

god help me…

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“the chief”]Fine. Be that way.

Stray Dog>Alleycat

god help me…[/quote]

Whaaaaaaaaat???

Alleycat >> Highway Star

An Alley is a type of road as is a Highway. Cat Stevens was a Star.

See Chief, I suck at this too.

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“irishstu”][quote=“the chief”]Fine. Be that way.

Stray Dog>Alleycat

god help me…[/quote]

Whaaaaaaaaat???[/quote]

It’s just that… half the fun is in the explanation… the funnier/ more abstract, the better.

So… Alleycat

Cat in Chinese is pronounced mao.
You shoud be careful walking down a dark alley is case there is a bad man hiding there.

Alleycat -> Maoman

Edit: I was too slow… we’re on “Highway Star” now.

Highway Star was a song by Deep Purple, known for loud music that was electronic. also the name of a go go bar in Pattaya, tsk tsk.
->elektronisk.

[quote=“Richardm”]Highway Star was a song by Deep Purple, known for loud music that was electronic. also the name of a go go bar in Pattaya, tsk tsk.
->elektronisk.[/quote]

I fear you may have just ended the game. :wink: