Forumosa's New Rules -- Question

I just read the new rules, and I think they look great. Very well drafted, and quite clear.

Since I last read the Old Rules a quite a while ago, I was wondering if someone might be able to give me a “short version” of what the major changes were?

Again, it’s been a while since I read the old ones, but the basic theme of the New Rules seem to be very consistent with what I remember of the old ones:

• be polite
  • don’t clutter up the site with garbage posts
  • behave like a reasonably respectful and decent adult

So would it, for example, be possible to get a quick rundown of:

(a) behaviour that used to be allowed but now is not, and
(b) behaviour that used to be prohibited, but now is not?

Cheers,
H

[quote=“Hobbes”]I just read the new rules, and I think they look great. Very well drafted, and quite clear.

Since I last read the Old Rules a quite a while ago, I was wondering if someone might be able to give me a “short version” of what the major changes were?

Again, it’s been a while since I read the old ones, but the basic theme of the New Rules seem to be very consistent with what I remember of the old ones:

• be polite
  • don’t clutter up the site with garbage posts
  • behave like a reasonably respectful and decent adult

So would it, for example, be possible to get a quick rundown of:

(a) behaviour that used to be allowed but now is not, and
(b) behaviour that used to be prohibited, but now is not?

Cheers,
H[/quote]

Hobbes,

The difference is primarily in the level of detail. What was not permitted previously is still generally not permitted. However, terms such as “personal attack” have been defined in detail.