Forumosa's server move - at last!

So when’s the app coming out?

1 Like

And, of course, your infinite modesty. :grin:

1 Like

ok no problem is there LINE chat group for forumosa?
just kidding…

It was just a week.

An awkward chat with coworkers and acquaintances xD

Isn’t there a Reddit page for Tw? There’s always a Reddit page for everything

We should create a Forumosa subreddit. Someone (@tempogain ) please do it already.

I was about to say that…
No, not this time.

It’ll be like we all have the equivalent of a one week “probationary ban” or suspension.

Great! We can all know how @mad_masala feels like every month. :wink:

6 Likes

I think we already know how he feels about it. There may even be a thread about it. :sunglasses:

At least it’s only one week down.
If any longer, all temp threads would disappear!

I think I’ll suspend @mad_masala today. It’s like a freebie

8 Likes

So not using discord in future ?
I was a skeptic but I prefer it to the old format.

1 Like

Yes. It’s a breeze to use once you get used to it.

This seems like a personal attack and I’ll have to report you to the admin.
Paging tempoga… Oh wait!
No, nothing. Forget I said anything. :fearful:

2 Likes

Welp…Gonna have to troll on Reddit for a week
r/shuddersatthethought

1 Like

No, we’ll still be using Discourse.

2 Likes

Hi folks, it’s me again, and I am embarrassed to report that we will NOT be doing the move this week after all. Today, we are doing a trial set up on the new server, like a full dress rehearsal. During his process, we realized there is an important step we should make BEFORE we make the move that involves our domain registrars.

The forumosa.com domain name is currently registered on GoDaddy and I have long wanted to move it out of there - and now I realize I should make that move before moving the forums to the new server. This step may take some time for me to finish (I still have other projects plus I am traveling next week) so I’ll be finding time next month to do the move to the new server.

I will rename the title of this thread and remove the global announcement. I am sorry for any confusion. :oops:

3 Likes

Not trying to take traffic away from this site. I think they’re completely different things anyway. But if anyone wants to discuss Taiwan stuff elsewhere feel free to visit r/taiwancirclejerk or r/taitung on Reddit. I would recommend NOT visiting r/taiwan unless you want to discuss politics in an extremely hostile manner.

There’s also f/Taiwan on Raddle and s/Taiwan on Saidit. For the record there’s an s/Taiwan on Voat, but it’s been dead for a while now and yeah… Voat.

That’s too bad…“discord” sounded really cool.

Isn’t Discord a favorite chat system for gamers? Shouldn’t there be a /taiwan on Discord by now?

1 Like