Foster Home Needed for 6 Months

Little Bridge dog has a home waiting for him in the UK. To avoid the 6 month quarantine on dogs entering the UK, he’s going to go on the PET scheme. That means that he will have his blood taken and sent off the an EU approved lab., then after 6 months he’ll fly to the UK.

So this little brave dog needs a foster home for 6 months. I have to head home as my uni course starts the begininning of Sept and he has to stay here 6 more months.

He needs alot of love and patience. He has been best friends with my dog for quite a while and I think it’s going to hit him hard when we go.

Anyone got a big enough heart for this one? :wink:

[quote=“random”]Little Bridge dog has a home waiting for him in the UK. To avoid the 6 month quarantine on dogs entering the UK, he’s going to go on the PET scheme. That means that he will have his blood taken and sent off the an EU approved lab., then after 6 months he’ll fly to the UK.

So this little brave dog needs a foster home for 6 months. I have to head home as my uni course starts the begininning of Sept and he has to stay here 6 more months.

He needs alot of love and patience. He has been best friends with my dog for quite a while and I think it’s going to hit him hard when we go.

Anyone got a big enough heart for this one? :wink:[/quote]

I already have 3 dogs…but one more shouldn’t make a difference…If no one else offers…I’ll take it in for the 6 months. But it’s late and I might change my mind by tomorrow. I’d rather not make the offer…as I know it will piss off my roommate to no extent. But I highly doubt any of the selfish pricks on forumosa will offer to help…and the good people on here like Stray Dog and bobepine already have their hands more than full.

I’d like to know more about the"PET scheme." Do you have to send your dog’s blood to the UK many times? Details, pretty please.

And, how did you find him a home in the UK?

It’s fantastic news, I’m happy for LBD. :slight_smile: It would be nice to see updated pics!

Hi Bobepine,

This is the link for the PET scheme in the UK defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm.

I am currently in the process of exporting my dog the UK. It’s quite alot of paper work, I think if I were to do it again I might hire a pet transporter.

It’s complicated for the UK because although Taiwan is a country in the PETS, you can’t fly direct, because that’s not an approved route. The dog’s flight has to start on an approved route…still with me? I have to buy the dog a ticket to HK then a separate ticket HK to London. This means sorting an export permit for TW, an import permit for HK, then an export permit for HK. Oh and BA is the only carrier that is allowed to carry pets on the PETS. As of Oct 06 BA will no longer be the carrier, this means the HK to London route is out. Animals would have to go via Japan or another listed country. It’s also quite expensive £275 and that’s just the PETS processing fee that’s without the permits and cargo cost. I can’t get a straight answer out of BA cargo, and I have tried. They have sent me the carges and I had to work it out myself. At the moment it’s working out at £1115 for everything apart from permits. ( dog 24kg cage 18 kg, cage 101x75.5x68)

It’s totally worth it and I would never be without my Bozo! But damn he has to be the most expensive stray in the world! Thank God LBD is alot smaller he’ll be much cheaper!

When all is sorted will post a detailed plan of action for dogs to the UK. If there’s anything else just ask.

Hi,
Wonder if you have any more info. A friend wants to take her husky back to the UK. Do you know where she can download the forms?

Thank you!

You can start here:
defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/p … /index.htm

good luck! She needs to start 6 months in advance. Blood can bee sent to Belgium for $6000 afaik. Yang Ming Shan vet clinic in Tianmu is familiar with the bloodwork bit. The order of the steps you need to follow is important, as is stuff like the timing and what type of chip the dog had. Be very prudent.
There may be other threads here that detail steps. Use google for searches (use the word “forumosa” plus keywords)
Please fill us in on your success!