Found Weet-Bix at Carrefour

@Uncreativeusername @Liub I found some Weet-Bix at Carrefour in Danshui. I don’t know if these are a good price or not though.

P_20190616_141504

2 Likes

i always thought Weet-Bix was a poor person’s solution to bad case of diarrhea

never tried them as looked drier than desert sand

My friend gave me some a couple weeks ago. They’re certainly drier than the outback of the country they came from for sure. Haven’t decided if I like them or not.

I was in and out of HK this past wk and just bought some back lol, prices about the same as that.

Definitely expensive. Thanks for the heads up though!

I too , bought some. They are a strange variation of Weetabix . Not great , but then many don’t like Weetabix

If I remember correctly I was told those are eaten with milk. Like cereals. Did I eat them wrong, many years ago?

I’ve always considered Weetabix to be a strange version of Weetbix hahaha.

You’re right, and how long you soak it before consumption is personal choice. It goes soggy quite fast, and I like mine with a bit of crunch.

Weetbix cry with cream and jam also works for me.

As for price, yep you can get the one in the middle for less than a third of the price back home lol. I don’t recognise the varieties on either side of it though. Which store is this in?

Also I don’t know how you can eat it without milk! It is a breakfast cereal, after all. I always have it with wheat germ and often with chopped banana.

Danshui’s New Town Carrefour. 新市鎮店

Because I’m an idiot and seem to have trouble understanding what to do with Australian foods. I’d RTFM if there was a manual to begin with.

IMG_20190619_140317 IMG_20190619_140301

Weet-Bix heaven at MLD 台鋁生活商場 in Kaohsiung
3 flavors of sand bars and 2 of gravel cereal

1 Like

Not sure about the crying but cream and jam sound great

:rofl:

Turns out that Weetabix is the British clone of the Australian Weet-Bix and had some trouble importing to NZ in a British import store.

Pretty sure the UK version came first.

Though, as a native Englishman I feel that way about most things so I’m tolerant of being corrected

Suggests that the UK version of the company was spun off in the 30s

:open_mouth:

Like I said, happy to be corrected. This looks like you had prior knowledge, how come you knew this if you don’t enjoy the product? (If you don’t mind me being nosey)

Growing up there was a commercial on TV, pretty embarrassing really, accompanied by a jingle with lyrics along the lines of “Aussie kids, are Weetbix kids” and so on. On a holiday once to New Zealand, we turned on the television, and what came over was the same commercial, but with “Kiwi kids” swapped out for “Aussie kids” in the jingle.

I’m willing to guess originally British, it is shaped into a rectangle after all :slight_smile: Edit - just saw above, thanks @Marco - there you go!

Seems to be a rare thing … group of Australians cloned Weetbix in the uk later :yum:we appear to have done a “ China” on the crims downunder :joy:

1 Like

I needed a more substantial reply than ‘:rofl:’ and saw that people had posted about Weetabix, suggesting that it is another product that could easily be confused. So i decided to look up the ‘Weetabix’ variant on wikipedia and saw it there.

A bunch of people really wanted Weet-Bix from my Carrefour thread. I don’t know if I enjoy it or not yet. I’m still forming an opinion on it, but I found @CTaitung’s reply to be spot on and drop dead funny at the same time.

1 Like

Nah, you have to spread them with Vegemite, and eat with a can of Toohey’s Old.

Milk is for pussies.