Four national referendums to be held in 2021

Lol no.

2 Likes

Well I meant not at that site ripping up the algae and coral.

If not where else would it be built?

And have you seen the pictures of those algae and corals? They are hideous.

Oh okay then .

Lol, yes and no

Anyone voting all no or all yes is a political tool/fool

I am serious. That is the only available location for the gas plant, otherwise there would be more coal plants in the north. Do you want that?

Even if you love algae and corals that look more like household rubbish/food waste lining up on the beach you should get over it and think about your lungs.

:grimacing:

1 Like

I’m sure there are alternatives .

Nuclear plant no. 4 is extremely dangerous. There’s no way it can restart operations.

2 Likes

There aren’t. That’s the whole point.

Why do you believe that?

I don’t believe that. I know that. Google it and you would find that the plant is basically defunct. Even if the result is yes (which it won’t be this point, at very least for the nuclear power plant one) it wouldn’t be restarted.

It’s really dumb that there are still people advocating for nuclear power in Taiwan. Taiwan is located on fault lines. Nuclear power should be phased out. The only thing nuclear Taiwan needs is nuclear warheads for deterrence.

Fault lines aren’t an issue assuming they incorporate modern molten salt designs.

Tell that to Fukushima.

And where would the nuclear waste be stored? Your home?

Fukushima was LWR and completely avoidable by moving the backup generators to the second floor.

Waste is easy scientifically. It’s a political problem.

Even normal casket storage on land is fine. An area the size of a soccer field could store it all until we have fusion or whatever.

You never know. And when a disaster happens you wouldn’t either as everyone in the north would be dead.

It’s a power plant, not a warhead. It doesn’t work like that.

I’m sure Chernobyl and Fukushima residents all agree.

And let’s store the waste in the soccer field next to where you live.

1 Like

i think it’s a bit different with them. Fukushima and Chernobyl were built on flat land with urban centres nearby.

Taiwan’s nuclear power plants seem to be situated in the crevaces of mountains, which I reckon add protection.

Nothing protects nobody when shit hits the fan.

1 Like