Fragrance enthusiast thread

This is unavailable now…was not too overpowering but pleasant.
New version not as nice

1 Like

I do usually 3-5. Depending on the fragrance, temperature, time of day, and event. Some I have no problems with 6 sprays. Really depends. In the Taiwan heat, maybe 2-3 is enough though. You just might need to have a small bottle to spray again after 4-5 hours.

Smelling good is really attractive to me. I’m sensitive to it. And I think women also feel the same way. It’s one of the few things I think women actually regularly complement men on.

Have you moved on to a new fragrance?

Eau de Lux :smiley: Tried Zegna and got the new Lagerfeld one but don’t go out often …tend to just use a touch plus the trusty squirt of Lynx :yum:

Washing is so last year:

Does anyone remember the trend for not washing one’s hair? That seemed to thankfully die a death.

1 Like

Granny’s Crotch is the worst name ever for a perfume.

1 Like

yeah, old tactic but my mother never fell for it. :guardswoman:

Washing with soap probably isn’t necessary every day (unless you’re a coal miner or a mechanic or something), but in uni I had classmates from eastern Europe and the Middle East who definitely put the lie to this idea. I suspect that it’s viable to one’s skin health only if you live far enough north or south of the earth’s tropic lines of latitude. Not a good idea in Taiwan or SE Asia, at least for migrants there.

Funny thing about smell, though. Lots of humans are attracted to strong body odor (not me, though). Not unusual at all.

I make that judgment based on how dirty I am, how much I sweat, and if I smell. I can’t stand it if I have any body odor. It distracts me a lot as I’m sensitive to smell. It’s not needed every time. But some people really do need it every time and multiple times a day. Some people like myself don’t get much body odor even if i sweat a lot. Some people can barely move and stay cool and smell after a few hours.

Really depends on the person.

Yeah, it really does. Perfume even smells slightly different, person to person.

We humans are odor-producing machines, although the odors aren’t the same or the same intensity. Interesting idea that if you go like nine years without using soap that the odor goes away (to others). If you can survive those close to you trying to murder you for the first few years, that is.

I pulled the trigger on Tuscan Leather

Amazing fragrance

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Kevin_Loop/status/1160754246100246528?s=20

I like the smell of flowers on women. And I’m not against wearing some unisex fragrances that are more floral.

Men and women can cook food lol. It’s really a lost skill. I’m impressed with a woman that can really cook. It’s rare. And many women have been impressed with some dishes I’m quite good at making.

1 Like

Best light, airy perfumes for women?

I’ll be looking at some tonight. I’m thinking Jo Malone.

Le Labo Bergamote 22. It’s a great refreshing summer scent.

1 Like

The Chanel chance, fraiche, tendre, and vive eau de toilettes are not bad for a light summer scent. I favor chance.

But I’m breaking up with Chanel when I finish my current bottle because somewhere along the line they’ve managed to fuck up Mademoiselle. I have no idea what exactly they did with it but it’s absolutely ruined now.

1 Like

I tried out Chanel No. 5 in the department store and was disappointed given it’s reputation. Far too aggressive for my wife’s tastes and I didn’t like it much either. Chanel Gabrielle was better. Was disappointed by Dior, Estée Lauder, Givenchy (the worst!) and Lancôme too.

Will see if I have time to get to Xinyi for Le Labo tonight.

I am not a fan of No. 5. The aldehydes just make it way too chemical-smelling. I don’t understand the appeal at all.

1 Like

Lancôme La vie est Belle is pretty good.

OK, I’ll try that; I didn’t spend much time at Lancôme because the staff at the concession I went to were a bit odd.