France and Germany don't care about AIDS victims

Of course he can’t answer the question, he is filling out his “Last Minute Voter Registration Form For-Dumbfucks-Who-Don’t-Realize-That-You-Have-To-Register-First-In-Order-To-Vote-Rather-Than-Just-Bleat-About-It” Form (Form #9/11AIT/GOP/DUMFCK/ELEC04)

BroonAdmin

Broon Ale:

The graph is not linked. It must be READ. I know that this is difficult for the illiterate, but… do try. Taipei Times Front Page July 15, 2004. The graph is in the middle of the page.

fred

[quote=“fred smith”]Broon Ale:

The graph is not linked. It must be READ. I know that this is difficult for the illiterate, but… do try. Taipei Times Front Page July 15, 2004. The graph is in the middle of the page.

fred[/quote]

What are you talking about? So you think I am posting here because I have an iota of interest in a discussion about contributions to fighting AIDS? It’s Friday…FFS! I am more interested in how you, ardent spreader of democracy (usually by force) failed to bloody register to vote and never have.

This is worthy of another thread…hold on…

cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0106/23/cst.10.html

the U.S. government is really showing great intellectual, moral, and financial leadership in the fight against AIDS in Africa and elsewhere. And that’s very good news. Now a lot needs to be done. And as I said, prevention is the top priority, as well as treatment, but also helping these countries address the impact of this epidemic on their economies and on the levels of poverty and education systems, health systems. So it’s really very big challenge right now.

Hakan Bjorkman from New York. He is with the United Nations Development Program and a senior advisor on HIV and AIDS.

kff.org/hivaids/loader.cfm?u … geID=14377

Check it out US support for bilateral AIDS efforts worldwide accounts for 42% of total, followed by UK at 21%. No other nation exceeds 6%.

Timely is the issue I raised. I don’t have the article so I can’t see the graph (I trust though that you quoted it correctly) - but what do you base your claim on that the money wasn’t paid in time? That’s what I want to know.

I do not have that graph with me any longer but my understanding at the time was that this was for 2003 pledges. So… er Dec. 31, 2003 is the end of the year no?

Anyway, I am sorry but I cannot link this for you. I believe that perhaps it may be on the Web site of the www.unaid.org? Check it out. I am off to a dinner.

Well silence Rascal:

What about Germany and France and their limited contributions to the fight against AIDS? Surely many protesters in Bangkok would be very interested in this news I should think. When will you do something about this?

America is sending $3 billion a year to Africa to combat the AIDS epidemic. By comparison, Canada is sending $270 million, France a paltry $60 million.
jewishworldreview.com/cols/oreilly.html

Were there some Forumosans at the Bangkok gathering?

Only at the ‘unofficial’ conference in Nana Plaza… :wink:

I hope you don’t mind if I don’t really trust your ‘understanding’. Further the link you provided doesn’t work.

theglobalfund.org/en/files/p … utions.xls

This is one fund - run by the UN.

(It comes from the website is www.unaids.org)

The US is the largest donor country by these figures.

Only at the ‘unofficial’ conference in Nana Plaza… :wink:[/quote]

I wonder about the thrust of their research. In the short-time allowed, it couldn’t have been very deep. :laughing:

Thanks IYBF.

Do I then understand correctly that Germany has still until 2007 and France until 2006 to pay up their pledge?

No idea, me old mucker.

Technically, I guess so. Morally might be another matter.

Whatever.

Then to follow on in typical fashion here I will just target a different area. Why isn’t Germany paying this money when it is needed now? Why is it paying so much less than the US? Why isn’t it rushing to send this money now? Huh? Huh? Gotcha there. Huh? Bet you cannot answer that right?

Besides it does not matter what the pledge date is as long as I feel that Germany should be sending the money sooner. I FEEL that it is right you cannot prove to me that is not facts be damned.

So much for your argument about the “emotional left” …

[quote=“fred smith”]Then to follow on in typical fashion here I will just target a different area. Why isn’t Germany paying this money when it is needed now? Why is it paying so much less than the US? Why isn’t it rushing to send this money now? Huh? Huh? Gotcha there. Huh? Bet you cannot answer that right?[/quote]Because the Germans are more conservative than the liberal Americans ? Why should poor foreigners get all the money when it can be used better to lower tax rates for Americans ?